Chapter 2: Welcome To Beacon

Ozpin and Glynda looked out of the window in Ozpin's office as a man behind a pillar treated himself with coffee, observing the gears around them. They stared at an unnerving ship as it descends upon a landing pad. Two Bullheads fly by swarms of people on the paths around Beacon.

"Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels" said Glynda

"Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man" said Ozpin. Three more Bullheads fly in over them "But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore" A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow-message 'Access Requested' on his desk "Come in"

The doors behind them slide open to reveal Ironwood as Ozpin approaches to greet him

"Ozpin!" Ironwood said cordially

Ozpin stands at attention

"Hello, General"

"Please, drop the formalities" Both approach and shake hands as Glynda also approaches "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met"

"Oh, James!" said Glynda sarcastically. She gives a personable wave and then drops all pleasantries "I'll be outside" She walks away and exits the room

"Well, she hasn't changed a bit"

"So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?" said Ozpin as turned to his desk. He picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks. "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival" He turns and offers the cup to Ironwood.

Ironwood takes the mug. A clink is heard as he does "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year" Ironwood produces a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug. "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up"

Ozpin walks around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand and pours himself coffee "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned"

"Maybe concern is what brought them here" said the man in the darkness

Ironwood turns around and sees the man on the pillar

"Ah, where are my manners?" said Ozpin "James, meet Director Leonard Church"

The Director put himself into view. He approached Ironwood and extended his hand out. Ironwood takes it and shakes it

"Dr Church, it's about time we met" said Ironwood

"Yes, it is" said the Director. He pulled away his hand "I also want to congratulate you on building your army. I can't imagine on how kingdom can advance in the cold"

"Thank you"

"Now that you have met, it is now onto business" said Ozpin. "I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult"

"Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men" said Ironwood

Ozpin takes a drink and sets down his mug. "We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression"

Ironwood sets his mug down "But if what Qrow said is true..."

"If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully" said the Director. He gently sets down his cup calmly. "It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent."

"I'm just being cautious"

"As am I" said Ozpin "Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can."