V. 3 Prologue

Wash walked along on Beacon's pathway, stretching out as the rising sun's rays hit his face. Some students and teachers were also up at the break of dawn, especially some of his friends, but he barely gave a glance to them and sat at a bench facing the airship ports. He could still see Atlas's white, bright ships docking and leaving them. He observed each one, but quickly laid his eyes on one batch of ship in particular.

They were Pelican, with one with Freelancer emblem on it, landing on the port. One of their backdoors opened and two men walked down the ramp. One man was skinny, in a bluish lab coat, had a robot arm with silver hair. His friend was brown haired, rounded, bearded red-neck who seems to have a shotgun for a leg. This intrigued him so much, he took no notice of the man who took a seat next to him.

He finally took a quick glance to his side before wearing a shocked glance and quickly tried to get up and leave.

"Hello, Agent Washington" said the Director, calmly sitting on the bench

Wash gritted his teeth as he sat back down. "Director..." He said with subtle disdain. They both looked at the foreground, not looking at each other

The Director started talking: "Those two gentlemen from Chorus are going to be announcers with Professors Oohbleck and Port."

"I suppose it's Kimball's idea to bring them here." responded Wash

"Actually, it was General Doyle's. He believed that bringing some representatives from our kingdom will give an excellent opportunity to bring us closer while giving the impression of strength from us."

As he said this, Wash could see some students pour out of the Pelicans, making their way to the school.

"What do you want, Director?" asked Wash, grudgingly

The Director wasted no more time and answered his question. "I want to review the audio your bugs had been picking out"

"There's a hundred mics around this school, it'll take a long time to go through those."

"Not for F.I.L.S.S"

"Why?" Washington looked at him. "What do you think is in those bugs?"

"That is not on a need to know basis, Agent Washington" said the Director, sternly. "Is that clear?"

Wash's eye twitched and reluctantly said "You should have it this evening"

"Good, you should return to your duties." The Director got up from the bench and walked away from Wash

Wash sighed and got up the bench, turning to meet another familiar face

"He's giving you a hard time, is he?" asked Ozpin

Wash nearly jumped through his skin when he saw Ozpin, sipping his coffee. "God, I gotta pay better attention to my surroundings!" he said.

"I'm sure he means well." reassured the headmaster.

"Yeah, well, he has a funny way of showing it"

"He is an interesting fellow"

"Shouldn't you be saying this to Church?" asked Wash

"The Director had asked me not to bother him about it, saying it would be futile" said Ozpin, gesturing with his cup. "What I wanna talk about is the future of the hundreds of bugs at my school"

Wash chuckled and said "Don't worry, I'll start removing them when I see them" He started to walk away when Ozpin started to talk

"You needn't to be suspicious of the Director. You just need to worry about whoever attacked us"

Wash sighed. "The thing about the Director and people like him is that you can never be to careful with him or he'll be in your head and trust me, I don't like people getting in my head" He then walked away as Ozpin sips slowly from his cup