Chapter 6: Never Miss A Beat

The Amity Colosseum's mountain biome was being bombarded by several explosions all around the area. Russel of CRDL, Shortwings in hand, is running from the mayhem before spinning around, ready to face his opponents, who turns out to be the sweet face Penny and her beret-wearing teammate. With an ever-present smile and simple arm movements, she summons six floating swords from Floating Array and rears them back before launching them in a ring at Russel, who barely manages to duck behind a rock to protect himself.

Wasting no time, Penny does the same thing with another group of blades, homing in on the other CRDL teammate Sky until he uses Feather's Edge to vault over another stone for defense. The two exchange a worried look at the sight of their rocks still pierced with multiple blades, and Penny grins in combat-ready fierceness as she looks to her partner, who simply taps her watch as if hurrying Penny up. Wasting no time, Penny raises her hands like a puppetmaster and uses the near-invisible strings attached to each hilt to lift the giant rocks up in the air, with the screaming Russel and Sky still hanging on. Bringing her arms down to her sides, the stones come crashing to the ground as well, leaving Penny's opponents in the grass. Her swords come back to her pack as the buzzer rings.

"And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!" announced Oohbleck

Penny placed a fist in her palm and bowing in respect to her fallen foes, still smiling. "Thank you for a wonderful time."

The two victors turn to leave the stadium as Russel feebly reaches out, only to get hit in the head by an errant stone.

Watching from the stands, Ruby sees them start to walk away and excitedly gets up from her seat along with Lopez in the row above her, passing Donut which made him spill his nail polish on Grif.

"OH, WHAT THE FUCK?!" shouted Grif, looking down at the large pink stain on his orange hoodie.

"OH NO, MY NAIL POLISH! And sorry!" apolgised Donut.

Ruby and Lopez caught up and the first spread her arms as she calls out. "Penny!"

She turned around and her eyes shone bright. "Ruby! Lopez!" She lifted up her own arms, tackling her friends into a hug that leaves them both of them on the ground.

"Why..." Ruby groaned, weakly

"Es bueno verte también [Good to see you too]" said Lopez calmly.

Penny gets up energetically and gestures to the other girl as Lopez helps Ruby up. "Ruby and Lopez, this is my teammate, and wonderful sister."

"Ciel Soleil," She bows formally as they collect their bearings.

"Um, Hi!" greeted Ruby, raising her hand. "I'm Ru-"

"Ruby Rose. 15. Hails from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY. Status: Questionable." said Ceil. Ruby went silent as she turned to Lopez.

"Lopez the Heavy. Presumably 17  Hails from California. Muscle and Engineer of Team SDGL. Status: Unknown."

"Wow, tan amable, ciertamente siento la calidez de ella [Wow, so friendly, I certainly feel the warmness from her]" Lopez sarcastically said.

Ceil wore an annoyed look on her face. "No importa, Estado: Sarcástico {Never mind, Status: Sarcastic}"

Lopez just glared at her, through his visor as Ruby broke the tension.
"Sooo... Penny! You two were incredible out there. How do you keep control of all those swords? It's so cool!"

"Penny? I believe it is best if we move on to our next location." said Ceil, looking at her watch.

Penny exchanged a look with her friends. "Could we have just a minute to talk?"