Chapter 7: Close Calls

Another battle was about to conclude in the Colosseum with all but one near elimination. While sliding along, Pyrrha in an ice area used her shield to block powerful fire dust shots from her attacker's railgun behind her, explosion blasting out around her from stray bullets before he runs out. Edward Sun quickly reloaded another round of dust before firing out all of them again.

Meanwhile, Ren fought in close quarters with Teddy, being faster than the large man as he shot and sliced him with Stormflower. His opponent took the hits like it was nothing, taking his time before suddenly swinging his cannon, hitting Ren's chest and sent him back through a tree. He struggled to get up slowly as the other fumbled to load his weapon.

Pyrrha was watching this happen as she dodged her opponent's fire, cracking the ice they landed on. With no time to lose, she skated towards Ren, avoiding ice shards juting out the ground. She nearly reaches the edge of his area when she hears the railgun powering up. As she slides along the ice, she subtly raised her hand behind her, a black glow surrounding Ed's weapon, making it aim a little under its target before he pulled the trigger. At the same time, Pyrrha turned and held up Akoúo as the shot hit the ground, using the shockwave to propel herself into the air towards Ren. Teddy finally loaded the cannon with dust and fired at Ren when Pyrrha landed in front of her teammate, protecting each other with Miló. The blast bounced off her shield and flew into Teddy's face, resulting in large firey red explosion.

"Risky save from the Invincible Girl!" commented Boomstick.

"But worked out in the end, eliminating Teddy!" added Wiz. Ed watched as his teammate was eliminated and growled as he started to load up another shot in his railgun. Pyrrha held her shield high as Ren behind her finally recovered, holding up Stormflower.

"Can you walk?" asked Pyrrha, not taking her eyes off the enemy.

"I can run," reassured Ren

"Alright, you'll go left, I'll go right." He nodded and bent down with her as Ed put in the last bullet. They both dashed in separate directions, both making their own way to their last opponent. Ed made quick glances at Pyrrha and Ren, looking back and forth unsure which to shoot as they slide across the ice. Ultimately he then quickly fired at Ren who barely yet elegantly dodged nearly every shot, flipping and spinning around the place before he found one going for his chest, right on target.

Suddenly, Akoúo flew in front of him, the bullet hitting the golden shield before making bounce off into Ren. Ed looked infuriated before a bullet hit his gun. He turned to see Pyrrha sliding down towards him, the rifle, Akoúo in hand, firing with at every second. He quickly, went for his weapon on the ground, dodging most of the shots before Pyrrha quickly the rifle changed into Xiphos form and slashed at his leg. Ed fell to the ground, wincing in pain as he slid towards his weapon. He quickly grabbed his weapon, turning it into an axe and tried to hit Pyrrha with it, if Ren hadn't quickly shield-bashed him from behind with Miló on his arm.

As he fell over, Ren rolled over him, sliding behind Pyrrha who slashed straight across Ed's chest. He winced in pain as he tried to fire at Pyrrha, but Ren threw Miló at him, bouncing off his face before Pyrrha catched it and smacked him with it then jabbed  him with Akouó. She then crouched down, shield over her head as Ren jumped off it with Pyrrha giving a forceful boost, before doing a powerful spin kick to Ed's face, eliminating him. "KO!"

"Oh, what an beautiful spin kick to the jaw!" admired Boomstick.

"I agree, Mr Ren's form was perfect!" commented Port.

"Looks like Mistral has to suffer another loss on their end." added Oohbleck.

"Winner is Pyrrha and Ren." stated Wiz.