Chapter 10: Destiny

Team CLMA stood outside Team RWBY's dorm, facing the two AK-200s guarding it. They stood awkwardly in the doorway as they listened to the conversation inside.

"I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice." said Ironwood, pacing around the room.

"But he attacked me!" Yang angerily replied as she sat on her bed next to Ruby.

"Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise." He rebutted.

"But Yang would never do that!" defended Weiss

"Yeah!" agreed Ruby.

Ironwood turns around as Yang sighs and places her head in her hands. "You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances. What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past..." With that last statement, he looks to the right while rolling his right shoulder.

Yang then tried to but in." But I wasn't-"

"That's ENOUGH!" shouted Ironwood, leaving the room silent. He composes himself before continuing. "The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified."

Yang's shock turns into miserable understanding when she looks to the ground, and Ironwood leaves the room. When he opens the door, he meets face to face with Team CLMA. Tex immediately shoves past him, followed by Church who slipped by him and Tucker who gave an awkward smile. The General sighed and walked past Caboose, along with the droids.

"Wait, I'm supposed to go in there" said Caboose.

"You guys believe me, right?" asked Yang as Caboose walked in, shutting the door behind him.

"Duh!" said Ruby.

"You're hotheaded, but not ruthless." added Weiss.

"I mean you could've hit him in the face," said Church, earning a smack from Weiss.

"He didn't stare at your tits, did he?" Yang scoffed before playfully throwing a pillow at Tucker.

"I don't know you that well, but I know that you're not bloodthirsty." said Tex.

"Yeah! And if it helps, I got disqualified for something not true," said Caboose as his team glared at him.

Yang was about to smile when she realizes one of their number hasn't spoken. "Blake?"

Her own partner turns her gaze away, earning a shocked look from everyone. "I want to believe you..." started Blake.

"Huh!?" said Ruby.

"Say what?" asked Tucker, shocked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" demanded Weiss

"Blake?" said Yang, hurt as tears began to form. Blake looks up at Yang, then back down.

"How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!" defended Weiss. Blake glanced at her before taking a deep breath.

"I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual - little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first they were accidents, then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right... This is all just... very familiar." Tears were now falling down on Yang's face. "But you're not him. And you've never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I will trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that he attacked you. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did."