Chapter 53 (Xyrill)

***

"What?! How that happened? My gosh the security in the Palace is the worst!" Securus exclaimed while talking to Prince Clovis who's walking fast. Securus trying to keep up with him.

"I know, but it's Prince Asher. He knows the blind spot in the Palace" Tumigil si Clovis at kinuha ang mga gamit niya habang nakatingin lang si Securus sa kaniya.

"Why would he do that?" Bulong ni Securus sa sarili pero narinig ito ni Clovis. Humarap naman siya sa dalaga.

Hinawakan niya ito sa magkabilang balikat. "I know you're friends with the Empress. But for now, you need to cut every connection you have with her" Napakunot ang noo ni Securus sa sinabi ni Clovis.

"Why would I do that?" Tanong ng dalaga. Clovis let out a sigh.

"My brother Prince Asher is already on the run with the Empress. The Emperor is suspecting them that they're working together, and if they found out your connection with her I'm sure you will be summon too as a possible accomplice of the Empress" Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Securus at tsaka napatingin sa tama ng bala sa kaniyang kaliwang balikat.

"Use that wound as an excuse if the worst case scenario happen" Inalis ni Securus ang pagkakahawak sa kaniya ng prinsipe.

"I would never betray Her Majesty!" Sigaw ng dalaga.

"I know you wouldn't! But she's still an outsider and you need to keep your life! The Emperor wouldn't blink an eye if he orders to kill anyone connected to the Empress" Tahimik na nakikinig si Securus kay Clovis.

"And I'm not going to let you risk your life for Xyrill. You already had that wound, that's enough" Securus blink her eyes while staring at the frustrated Prince in front of her.

The Prince was the first to break the eye contact. The Prince realized how embarrassing that sound.

"You're going to betray Her Majesty Prince Clovis?" Dagdag ni Securus pero agad na sumagot si Clovis. "I was never on her side in the first place. If the Emperor ordered us to kill her I have no choice but to follow that" Nanlaki ang mata ni Securus sa kaniyang narinig.

"And she's too busy to play the hero. When her servant died, that should be the sign. But she's too stubborn" Both of them filled the room with silence.

"I'm going back to Palace. I'm leaving the Felina in your hands. If something happens, contact me immediately" Huling sabi ng prinsipe bago lumabas ng kaniyang opisina sa Felina.

Pag labas ng prinsipe, kinuha ni Securus ang cellphone niya. Matagal siyang tumingin sa ID ni Xyrill sa cellphone niya, at kahit ayaw niyang gawin. Binura niya ito.

Sa sobrang inis sa sarili, hinagis ni Securus ang cellphone niya sa sahig. But because it has good quality, it didn't break.

***

"Kailan siya gigising?" Nalipat ang tingin ni Alfein kay Xyrill habang kinukuhaan siya ng dugo para ibigay kay Xyrill na wala pa rin malay.

Nang makakuha na sila ng sapat na dugo. Agad na tumayo si Xyrill, pero hindi rin ito nag tagal ng matumba siya. Agad na lumapit si Dr. Alfein para tulungan si Xyrill.

"Go easy on yourself Your Highness. Don't forget you're poisoned too" Sabi ni Dr. Alfein. Napahawak sa kaniyang bibig si Xyrill at umubo.

Hindi na siya nagulat nang makita niya ang dugo sa kaniyang kamay. Xyrill wipe her hands in a towel.

"Don't mind me Dr. Alfein, we need to save her first" They both look at Present Xyrill, who's lying unconscious on the bed.