Chapter 65 (Content Mind)

***

Hindi naman mapakali sa tabi si Lady Cynthra at kanina pa palakad-lakad sa tabi. After what Merek said to his father, she immediately got the information. Maybe the jitters is getting to her since if they successfully killed the Empress, they can proceed to their plan.

Everything is set, the Empress death is the only one they're waiting to happen. Natigil siya sa isang tabi at huminga nang malalim. They can't let their plan to fail now.

Someone called her when she stops moving. At napangiti siya ulit nang mabasa ang nasa caller, sinagot niya ang tawag.

"How's she?" Agad na tanong nito. Lumabas siya ng kwarto at nag lakad sa hallway papunta sa kaniyang Uncle.

"She's here Lady Cynthra" Sagot sa kabilang telepono.

"Make sure to keep that woman alive. We can't let the Yahnel to march Samavia without us taking the throne first" Saka niya tinapos ang tawag.

But she doesn't really care if the Yahnel march their asses to the Samavia since she know for sure that her cousin, Lady Sheikha will took the fall for her. After all she's the one with her before Lady Kydilla went missing.

Lady Cynthra arrived at the hall just after the meeting of Counselors finished. She bowed her head to other Counselors walking out of the room.

"Good day Lady Cynthra, I know your Uncle will say this but you should be ready" The smile on her face went away when she heard that from Uzuri.

Agad niyang hinanap sa loob ang kaniyang Uncle pagkatapos magsilabasan ng ibang Counselors. Sa mukha pa lang ni Merek, halata ng hindi maganda ang balita na pinag-usapan nila. "What is it?" Agad na tanong ni Cynthra.

Merek sigh and sat down again on his chair, Cynthra can see how annoyed his uncle. "The Emperor gave orders for Prince Aurelius" Kumunot ang noo ni Cynthra.

They all aware that it will happen eventually, that's why they're preparing for it. "Then what's the matter? We all know that" She said and sat in front of her uncle.

Tumingin si Merek sa pamangkin at nagda-dalawang isip pa kung sasabihin niya ang balita. "What?!" Pag pilit ni Cynthra.

"The Emperor also ordered that you will come and assist Prince Aurelius" Lady Cynthra eyes widen and her lips parted when she heard that.

"WHAT?! WHY WOULD I DO THAT?!" Halos mamula sa galit at inis si Cynthra. Napayukom rin ang kamay niya at napahampas sa lamesa, wala naman magawa si Merek at tinitigan lang ang pamangkin na nagwa-wala.

"Does my father know about this?!" Tanong ni Cynthra, mabilis naman na humindi si Merek. "I'm sure your father will get angry"

To be fair, the spouse of a royal family member is required to help the Palace. Lady Cynthra being the wife of Prince Aurelius is also under that rule. The same reason why the former Empress of Abydos died with the Emperor, because they fought the same battle together.

Lady Cynthra just didn't expect that she will be aiding the Prince in the war, which is not her expertise at all. "That..!" Hindi matuloy ang panggigil ni Cynthra sa Emperor.

"Where are you going?" Merek called her out when she started walking away.

"I'm going to talk to my father, that Empress has to die first before I go to those countries" At this moment, her decision is final. Hindi na napigilan ni Merek na pigilan pa ang pamangkin, siya rin naman ang damay dito.