Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two - Family Ties

Izuku looked over the edge of the building, wide eyed innocence in the reflection he cast in the glass. The figure looming behind him held onto his shoulder, hand soft, fingers digging. He didn't notice, he was in awe at the beautiful sight.

It wasn't beautiful anymore. It was indulgent, it was excessive, it was filthy. The building he stood in lay a weight on his shoulders. The stench of money and alcohol surrounded him like a haunted spirit. Men in suits, women stuck to desks and being objectified.

This was no longer take your kid to work day. This was the reality his father lived in.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The call came in early December, snow beginning to trickle in with the rain. Izuku had been watching the blonde in the common room, Katsuki having finished talking to his mother. The cat they had found, the dark one with beautiful emerald eyes having grown since they had found him, was living in Mitsuki's home since the dorms weren't quite allowed to have pets. Koda's rabbit was snuck around but Bakugou preferred to leave his pet with his mother.

Midoriya lounged on the couch, arm up over the light blue backing as Bakugou sat beside him. Their closeness hadn't gone unnoticed by their classmates but it wasn't touched on, they didn't want to push anything just yet. They were all glad that the two rivals were in a sudden peace.

Izuku had been spaced out, something he had been doing every now and then when it snowed. His eyes followed the soft trickle falling from the dark amethyst sky, like fluffy ends of Q-tips in the inky scenery. They had gotten the tree out, the multicolored string lights flashing but ornaments not yet put up. They were saving it for that weekend when they could get All Might, Aizawa, and a few other pro heroes to join them. The smell of gingerbread already wafted through the kitchen, Sato indulging them in countless themed treats for the season. The barren tree reflected into the window, the lights flashing catching Izuku's eye every now and then when they cast colour into the easily melting snow.

It wouldn't snow heavily for a week or two and at the moment all they got were drizzles.

But that also meant the weather was dropping, which is why the blonde was huddled into his side like a cat himself. When Midoriya dared utter those words he got a smack lightly on the back of his head and a growl to shut up. It took a majority of two seconds until Bakugou was softly running his fingers through the curls on the back of the males neck, a calming motion that had Izuku slightly disappointed when he moved his hand away to hold a book.

Midoriya and Todoroki were the main heat facets of the 3-A dorms in the winter, but Izuku wasn't a well known one. Only a few students realized he was a fellow furnace while the others crowded Shoto or the crackling fire by the hearth.

Katsuki had been reading when the call came, head against Midoriya's shoulder and his entire body curled against the teenager's side with the novel in his lap and hands occasionally flipping the pages. Izuku didn't say anything when Ochako sat beside him, not as close but still close enough to gain warmth from his company and capture his attention when she showed him her newest photography exploits. This time it was Asui underwater, a beautiful thing to see. It was peaceful, the blonde not even protesting to the occasionally soft stroking to his hair by a slightly scarred hand. Kaminari was even able to convince him to play at least one game of Mortal Kombat, having regretted it when he lost the round with a harsh brutality spilling the guts of his character across the screen.

The buzzing within the pocket of Izuku's jeans went unnoticed by the male himself, it was Katsuki who had swatted his arm gently, having felt the vibrations against his side. "Someones calling you, dumbass."