Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty - Villainess

Laughing helps it go away. Laughing makes it stop. Laugh, laugh, laugh, stop crying. Stop it! Stop, stop, the tears don't help- It hurts, it hurts, laugh so it stops. Laugh, laugh, laugh dammit-

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The weather in the park was unforgiving. It bit and nipped at exposed skin, like a harsh lover whose affection was not always forthcoming. The tall brooding curly haired teen, clad in a turtleneck and jeans, seemed unaffected by such things whilst the people around him bustled about in thick coats matched with gloves, hats and scarves.

The snow fell in wads, like ends of q-tips that dabbed over the sceneries blank canvas of pavement and grass. The dead trees swayed, branches dropping what little leaves covered it's arms.

His eyes cast a shadow over the newcomer walking over to him, his eyelashes catching snowflakes. Her hair bounced with every step. She had such beautiful waves, the white of her roots blended into the black of her hair. It was befitting, seeing how her hair looked as if snow were dancing atop her head when it was truly just the natural colour growing back in.

"Izuku, fucking, Midoriya." She pronounced his name like a melody, articulating every word slowly. "Long time no see, hon."

"Uh-huh." The man nodded, giving her a short smile. He didn't enjoy this secrecy but it had to be done. He had to do this, he assured himself of such. "How are you?"

"Oh, stop the pleasantries. If you missed my company you wouldn't have skipped school to just give me a hug." She teased, pausing and raising a gloved hand, sheathed by leather with soft feathery cuffs, in thought. "But I would really like a hug if that's up for grabs."

He extended an arm in agreement, letting her slide over the sleet, which had begun to form on the concrete, and into his grasp. Huddling into his side, not so much cold but more so wanting of amity. She had a fire based quirk, she was warmer than he was, but she enjoyed the comfort. The gloves more so for style than anything else, as was the long dark trench coat. Under his arm she dug around in her pocket, humming. "I told you not to skip school."

"Is that not what you're doing?" He asked her calmly, earning a scowl.

"Unlike you, high schooler, I get to choose if I want morning or evening classes. So, no." She smiled, a flash of bright white teeth before her matte black covered lips pursed. He noticed the piercing on her lip when it caught light, the silver shining. That was new. A stack of neatly folded papers were now in her hand as she extracted it from her pocket and into his grasp. "This is illegal, hero. You do know that right?"

"I know." He replied simply, unfolding them to skim the contents. "This everything?"

"Mostly." She moved her arm back and forth, stirring the frigid air that festered and howled in the background. "Since we're getting closer to the base, and the date mind you, they're trying really hard to keep everything under lock and key. I had to beg my dad for access to those, the others I got on my own. You know, at this rate when they swear me in, I'm gonna be lying through my teeth. Ain't that becoming?"

His freckled face lightened, a small laugh bubbling up. "I'm sorry to-"

"Oh, no no, that's not what I told you that for. I was making a joke. Please, Izuku, you're not the only one in dire need of lawful assistance. It's not too-too illegal and, if you get caught which you won't, the fine is a mere slap on the wrist. So to speak." She shrugged. "My dad was more than happy to oblige, I was being dramatic with the begging part."