Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven -Prom Queen

"Look at me." He whispered against his lips, eyes closed and hands trembling; he didn't immediately obey. Forehead to forehead, breaths mingling in the distance between them and darkness wrapping around their intertwined bodies. He held his face between shaky cupped hands, eyes opening like oysters; revealing rubies instead of pearls. Scarred fingers ran feather light over his arms, eliciting goosebumps that had shivers racking through his system.

"I'm looking." He hushed, assuringly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When the rain began Katsuki had slammed the window pane back down with a huff, hypnotized by the lightning as he took a break from the ongoing cleaning he had randomly had the energy to do. He leaned on his hands, watching as the wind outside blew harder or the thunder growled louder. He didn't know how long he stood there, entranced with this new found appreciation for nature, until there was a soft knock at his door.

"Come in." He said automatically, voice soft. Languidly he tilted his head back, only looking long enough to see a tuft of curly green hair before he was turning back to the scenery with a smile he hadn't known graced his features. "Izuku."

"Kacchan." Midoriya returned, amusement clear in his voice yet it remained so calm. So gentle, like lofi and jazz against the heavy metal of the thunder and electric guitar of the lightning. He could barely hear his approach, unaware of his wandering gaze around the room which was in shambles no doubt. Clothes were strewn across his bed, hangers still attached, with the door to the closet wide open as if it had thrown up and was still recovering. Books were stacked up against the wall, their spines displaying the titles in full view, some worn with age and others looking brand new. A short burst of laughter encased his words. "What exactly are you doing?"

"Cleaning." He answered simply, stare crackling in front of the glass when another burst of light rang through the darkening sky and broke through the clouds like a beacon from the heavens. Katsuki didn't startle at the hands grazing over his arms, sliding down until he was being hugged from behind. He hummed, body immediately falling into Izuku's grasp without worry despite the million thoughts filtering through Bakugou's head to be cautious.

Caution never left, no matter how long. He wondered if it ever would in the future. He felt on guard all the time.

It felt unfairly good though, Izuku's arms around him with his hand finding its place protectively over his stomach once more. His other hand ran right back up his forearm, trailing feather light on his bicep before skipping up to his hair, pushing it back so he could feel the trail of lips against his cheek to his jaw. A small, imperceptible, shiver danced through Katsuki's system at the touch. Resting his hand over Izuku's on his abdomen he leaned back against his chest, never tearing his eyes away from the spectacle outside. His fingers combed his hair back, easing the tension where there were knots in his spiky locks. He was warm, his body heat radiating off of him and warming Katsuki all the way to his core. An odd relieving feeling rained down onto Katsuki as if he were standing outside, heat lacing his veins in a lazily slow manner.

After a moment of silence, Katsuki not yet feeling the urge to ask why Izuku was there, he asked quietly. "What are you thinking?"

Katsuki's smile was sudden, random at that. It curved up slowly before he was whisper-laughing a soft reply. "Cliche much, Izuku?"

Midoriya's whisper seemed to rival his own. "No idea what you mean, Katsuki."

He traced the trees, the clouds moving in rocking motions and spraying rain like tears.