KAMBE DAISUKE X READER

Chapter LXIX

Please run away from Daisuke.

You look at the dead body of Dazai with a lot of questions in your mind. Why would he say that? Why does he have to save Daisuke? Why would he say those words? Why now? Why does he have to say it? Did Dazai just simply want to die, that's why he took the bullet?

While trying to stop your tears, you slowly look up to where Daisuke is standing. You don't know if he hears Dazai's words but he is looking at you in a gentle manner and with such concern on his face.

"I'm sorry." Daisuke stated as he knelt down beside you. He looks at Dazai's resting pace as he takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry he has to die like this."

You close your eyes as you immediately wrap your arms around Daisuke's neck and hug him tightly. You feel Daisuke's warm arms around you as he hugs you back. You are crying as you rest your head on his chest.

"All of them... are dead." You mumbled, weeping silently while Daisuke is caressing your back, comforting you.

"I'm here with you." Daisuke whispered as you felt him kiss the top of your head gently.

You hugged Daisuke tight as if he's your strength, and he is. Your body feels tired from fighting a lot and you just feel that some part of your body is in extreme pain. You close your eyes as you take a deep breath. You stayed hugging Daisuke for a minute and then your eyes caught Haru and Suzue from the side. Haru is shocked upon what happened, and Suzue is wounded.

Daisuke helped you stand up as you walked towards Haru and Suzue's side. Your tears flow once again as you see them safe and alive. They are also your friends and you're glad they're safe. You hug both of them and he hugs you back. The sky is really dark as if there will be a storm any time soon.

After that, you asked for Daisuke's suit and went back to Dazai's corpse to cover him with a suit. You look at Daisuke who is wearing his white long sleeves with some blood stains and hold his hand.

The four of you went downstairs only to see the mess in the grand hall of the mansion. There are a lot of dead corpses that's been shot and some parts of the mansion are slowly filled with fire. There is broken stuff everywhere and lots of bullets are on the ground. Your gaze went to who the corpses in the floor are but you close your eyes tight as you keep on walking with the other towards the outside of the mansion.

All of them are indeed dead.

As the four of you walk outside, Suzue falls on the ground and spits some blood. Your eyes widened as you run towards her and help her stay balanced.

"Su, are you alright? Where does it hurt?" You mumbled in concern. Daisuke and Haru are also looking at Suzue with concern.

"I-I'm fine, (Y/N). Please don't mind me." She answered as you realized that the wound that she had was more fatal than what you thought it was.