KAMBE DAISUKE X READER

Chapter LXXII

[HIS PERSPECTIVE III]

Daisuke is breathing hard as he keeps on running on the dark street. It is still stormy and he can't think straight at all after what has happened. He isn't used to this. He's not used to running outside in the streets, soaked and filthy, like a lost human being.

"What does a little kid like you doing here?"

He remembers the creeps and anger that it brought him when a man stated those words. He can vaguely remember what happened after those. He barely remembers anything because his mind is still preoccupied by the bloody scenario of his parents. All he knows is that his feet move on their own and he starts running away from the mansion. He is aware that there are people chasing him as well.

The rain is continuously pouring as Daisuke is running in the cold and misery.

"Kill the kid!" He heard those shouts from afar and he ignored it as he kept on running.

Daisuke realizes that he's now running on a bridge-like highway and there are rivers on the lower part. He is continuously running, not glancing from behind, as he keeps going on.

Be brave, Daisuke.

He remembers his father saying those words as he is running. Daisuke flinches as he hears gunshots towards his direction but he wasn't shot at all, probably due to the circumstances in the weather.

"MASTER DAISUKE!" Daisuke hears someone from behind shout those words, and he sees his butler running after him with extreme nervousness and concern for him.

"What..." Daisuke whispered and he stopped running to wait for his butler.

"Dodge!"

Daisuke hears his butler shouts as his butler hugs him tight but with care. Daisuke hears several loud gunshots before his butler pulls him and jumps off the bridge towards the cold river, making him unable to protest.

The little kid feels the strong impact of the water as his vision darkens because of exhaustion.

"M-Master Daisuke..."

The little kid's eyes slowly open weakly as it meets the eye of his butler. They are both soaking wet and it is as if they are hiding under the bridge or something. It took some moments before Daisuke realized what was happening as he slowly sat down.

"I'm glad you're awake." His butler smiled warmly.

Daisuke rubs his eyes and he feels cold. The place is dark but he can see just well because of the moonlight.

"Where are we?" Daisuke asked in an innocent tone but his eyebrows curl in confusion when he realizes how his butler seems to have trouble breathing, "Are you ok?"