KAMBE DAISUKE X READER

Chapter LXXIII

"You should have not pulled the trigger at that time." You freeze upon hearing his cold voice saying those.

You hear Daisuke say those words in a cold and serious manner. In silence you hear a small click of metal...just a few meters behind you.

Your heart beats faster than usual as you slowly turn around, only to see Daisuke's cold and impassive eyes staring straight towards you. He doesn't show any emotion. Your gaze went from his eyes down towards his hand and with what you saw, you feel your entire body weakened.

Daisuke is just a few meters away from you, with his arms raised and aiming his gun directly in your direction, without any hint of hesitation in his eyes.

"Why did you have to pull the trigger, (Y/N)?" He asked seriously as your tear flowed unknowingly on your cheeks.

You look at Daisuke with innocence and confusion as you see him aiming a gun at your direction. You never thought a time like this would come. There are a lot of people who aim their gun at you, but among all of them, only this scenario where the person you love and trusted the most is the one doing it is the most painful.

"Daisuke..." You whispered, looking at him with pain in your eyes.

He, on the other hand, is emotionlessly looking back at you without anything in him.

"Tell me, (Y/N)." Daisuke stated coldly and stared into your eyes, "Why did you have to kill the people you killed that night?"

Your lips are quivering as you feel yourself getting pale with what's happening right now.

"W-What do you mean, Daisuke?"

He didn't reply as you stared into his void and deep eyes.

His eyes...

...It resembles the eyes of the couple you accidentally killed that night.

You took a deep breath as tears fell on your face. The rain is hiding them well. The images of the kneeling couple in front of you, the way you aim their gun at their direction, all of those, it flashes back to you and you feel suffocated with all of it.

"...Daisuke," You started as you averted your gaze to look at the ground as you tried your best to not let him hear your small sob, "...They are your p-parents, aren't they?"

Daisuke remained silent.

"...All this time, you know everything?" You asked in a slightly broken voice.

"You ruined my life." Daisuke stated coldly. His eyes show no concern as if he's finally showing his real emotion after all the years you've spent together, "You ruined me."