Prologue

Everyone has at least one soulmate. Actually most people only had one or two. It was exceedingly rare for a person to have more than two. Very few people knew who their soulmates were until they happened to be near enough to each other for the first time. Not everyone ended up with their soulmates either, sometimes a person just never got the right cards to be in the right place at the right time. But if you did, the bond that formed was inescapable. These are just the facts of the world.

These facts were a bit different when it came to me. First off, I had four. I knew of them for as long as I could remember, long before I came anywhere near any of them. One of them was a twin and had extraordinary skills. One of them was hard of hearing and a spy. One of them was a former thief and a genius. One of them was from a different planet and wielded magic. And what's more? They were all so different yet I felt like they were alike in many ways.

How did I know so much about my soulmates if I had never actually come near them? Because I had the ability to get into people's heads. I don't know how my power allowed for this weird fluke to occur, but it did. And for most of my life I lived knowing a lot about four people who I had never met before. I was privy to things about them that I doubted they even knew I knew.

Because of how much I knew about my soulmates I had made a promise to myself to stay away. It was one thing to know of them. It was another entirely to allow the soul bond to form completely. As long as I stayed away from them and they didn't become aware of me, then I wouldn't have to suffer the unpleasant side of soulmate—the pain that could come with it.

That all changed when I had to uproot myself and run away from my previous life. I moved to a city I figured I could lose myself in. Unfortunately, because of the fear that pushed me to run I forgot to consider the fact of my soulmates. Once one of them accidentally came across me, the bond that snapped into place resonated within all of them. And that drove them to all seek me out. Suddenly, the simple and quiet life I was seeking when I uprooted is no longer a possibility.

My name is Lexi Bennet. I'm a mind walker and I'm a soulmate to superheroes.