Chapter 49 - Discussion of Power

It wasn't until late Tuesday that Loki and Wanda reappeared. Several of us were sprawled out on the couch watching some kind of action-comedy movie that Clint put in. Pietro's head was in my lap, and I was brushing my fingers through his hair absently, knowing the contact was something he needed. When the elevator doors opened, I looked over the back of the couch and said, "Wanda!"

Pietro was up and over to her immediately, wrapping her in a hug as Loki moved over to where I was climbing over the back of the couch. He looked paler than usual, and for the first time since meeting him he looked really tired. I wrapped my arms around him when he was in front of me and leaned against his chest.

Wanda looked wane and drawn but her mind seemed at peace. I moved over to her and wrapped my arms around her next. She leaned heavily against me, and she was saying, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For taking care of Pietro when I could not."

Pietro poked his finger into her side, "Do you forget that I am the oldest?"

She shushed him and turned back to me, "And for not being bothered that Loki had to help me."

I brushed a hand on her hair, "Wanda, why would I be bothered that Loki had to help you."

An image flashed across her mind, and I understood one of the ways he apparently used to help her and understood why she was so concerned about it. I just shook my head, "I could never be bothered that he was able to help you. However, that needed to happen."

Her relief washed over me then and she hugged me again. Pietro looked at me before wrapping his arms around her and leading her away. I watched them go before I walked back to where Loki was still standing by the couch. The others had returned to the movie, but Clint was watching us.

"You look like you need some major rest." Loki shook his head, but I said, "You do, and we are going to make sure you get some."

I took his hand and started to lead him to the elevator, Clint scrambling up to follow. The doors opened before we got there, and Pepper and Tony were stepping out.

"Where are you going, Reindeer Games? Psyduck?" Tony stopped in front of us.

I rolled my eyes and moved to go around him, but he said, "Wait, I need to talk to you. And the rest of your merry gang.

"Well, you get me, Clint and Loki, the other two are busy."

He shrugged and said, "Fine. Whatever. The apartment is almost finished. Mostly what is left is color schemes and that kind of girly thing."

Pepper snorted, "Oh, please Tony, as if you aren't super into that kind of thing."

He waved his hand at that, "Irrelevant. So, I need direction on it so the place will be done by the weekend and you all can move in. Then we can have a party."

"What? Why does everything need a party?" I demanded.

"Who doesn't like parties?" He shot back, then, "So, are you guys going to come and do this or what?"

I shook my head, "Look we will have to do this later."

I felt a hand on my lower back, and I looked back at Clint, "Why don't you go with Tony, you know all of us well enough to make choices about how the place looks. I'll go and make sure Loki gets rest."

When I looked at Loki, he was practically swaying on his feet and I wanted him to get to bed, so I nodded. I turned into Loki, reaching up so that I could press my lips to his and tell him I'd be there soon.