Chapter 34 - Drunken Giggles

I hailed a taxi outside the tower. I was irate and needed to get away. I had planned to go directly home, pack what clothing I still had left and then check into a motel. Instead, I found myself giving the address of the bar that I went to with Scott and Luis all those months ago. I had been back with them a few times, but I had never gone on my own before.

I was sitting at the bar and picking at the label of the beer I had ordered when I heard, "Lexi! Hey. Why you here?"

I looked up and smiled at Luis, who was taking the stool next to me. I shrugged, "Just getting a beer or three."

"I thought you were with Scotty. Or I mean, he was supposed to be with you? That's what he said when I asked him to hang earlier. Is he here?" Luis glanced around the small bar like he would be able to spot Scott hiding in a corner or something.

"No, Luis, Scott's not here. And we were together earlier but now I am alone."

Luis's face fell just the slightest bit before his smile cranked back up and he said, "Nah, now I'm here."

Now that I was fully aware of Scott's other identity, I got treated to a whole new slew of Luis stories. I found my bad mood melting as I listened to Luis tell me about how they broke into Hank Pym's house, gaining Scott the Ant-man suit in the first place. How he had been basically set up for it. How Pym needed Scott to help him break into Pym Technology Headquarters. I know the basics of how Scott had become Ant-man but I loved hearing how Luis told the story.

I held my hand up to pause Luis in his story, "Wait, Scott broke into the Avenger's training compound?"

Before Luis could answer, a voice spoke up behind us, "Technically, it was supposed to just be a storage facility, but Hank and Hope miscalculated and didn't realize they were using it as Avenger's home base until I had arrived."

I looked around to find Scott standing there, hands in his pockets as he gave me a hesitant smile. I could feel the taste and color of his thoughts as he waited to see if I would tell him to fuck off. When I didn't say anything, he slid into the stool on my other side.

I turned back to Luis, "So, he broke into the Avengers' compound."

That was all the encouragement Luis needed to take off with his story again, "So, yeah, Scotty went there right. And he was flying in on one of his ants.

"Ant-thony." Scott supplied.

"You name your ants?" I asked.

Scott shrugged, "Some of them. It used to drive Hope crazy."

"Right. Right. Anyway, so Scott flies in on Ant-thony right, and he still thinks it is going to be a simple storage thing he's breaking into. But he's totally surprised to see that not only is it not just an Avengers compound but there is someone there. And he gets into this totally awesome fight with Falcon. Kicks his ass too. It was amazing...."

As Luis continues talking, I look at Scott again, "You kicked Sam's ass, did you?"

"To be fair to Sam, his suit wasn't quite made to handle someone who had the ability to shrink down and invade it and disable it."

I shook my head and tuned back into Luis who was barely taking any breaths at this point as he continued to tell me how he, Dave and Kurt helped Scott break into Pym Technologies. Apparently, there was stealing a police car, Luis knocking out a guard and a tank involved. Nearly an hour later, after learning how Scott had defeated Darren Cross in part to stop him from having access to the technology that Hank had created but mostly to protect his daughter, I found myself looking at Scott again.

"Is that how you ended up joining the Avengers?" I asked.

"Nah, man. That only came after he helped Captain America and got arrested for breaking the law and got sent to a super-secret prison in the ocean. Like it's literally underwater it's crazy. But he got out by agreeing to house arrest."