Chapter 53 - Recuperation

I woke up to someone swearing softly under his breath. Groggy, I sat up, the blanket I had been buried under falling off and looked around. Scott was hunched over what I thought might be a dismantled computer. He was holding a soldering iron in his hand and sucking on his finger.

"Scott?"

He looked around, setting his tool down and moving over to the bed, "Hey sweetheart."

"What time is it?"

He glanced at his watch, "About 8."

"In the morning?"

He shook his head, "No, it's the evening."

I started to get up and he asked, "Whatcha doing?"

"The party? I imagine it's still going on, whatever it was that Tony had planned."

I sat on the edge of the bed for a moment, taking in Scott's room. One wall was given over to his ants. And like Clint's there was a long work table along the other wall. Scott's was covered in various electrical and mechanical tools and electronics.

"I think it was just food and movies, family dinner night style. No one expects you to go, Lexi."

"I know but I wanna." I stood up, moving out of his bedroom pausing at the door to look at his symbol. A series of circles connected by lines.

Scott followed me to my room, stopping in the doorway and saying, much like Clint did, "Holy shit. It's a garden."

I smiled as I disappeared into my closet, "Yeah. It really is."

"What's this?"

I stuck my head out of the closet, half dressed and saw that he was standing looking at my door, I walked over to take a look. For the first time I noticed the symbol inlaid in my door. I ran my fingers across it.

"It's a Dara knot."

"A what?" Scott asked.

"A Dara knot. It's an ancient Celtic symbol to represent strength, fortitude, resilience, growth, stability and courage."

"Oh. That reminds me I have something for you. Hold on."

He headed back to his room as I went to finish getting dressed. When I came out of my closet again I stopped dead. Sitting on my bed was a giant purple elephant. Scott was standing there with a giant grin on his face.

"You went and bought me a new elephant?"

He flourished his hand at it, "Actually, I think you will find it is the same elephant."

"I walked over and saw now that it clearly looked like it had been repaired."

I looked at him, "You repaired my elephant?"

He was suddenly looking awkward, like my reaction wasn't exactly what he was expecting. He glanced at it and said, "Uh. Yeah. I mean, I know it was just a silly toy. But well—"

His explanation was cut off as I crashed into him, wrapping my arms tight around him. He laughed a little before he said, "So, you like it?"

I answered him by pressing my mouth to his, tunneling my hands into his hair to pull him closer. Scott responded immediately, hands gripping my thighs and hoisting me up so he could spin me around and tumble us back onto my bed. It swung with the movement and Scott pulled back in surprise.

"It swings?"

I hummed and was reaching for his belt and tugging it free when his mouth returned to mine. I helped him tug my shirt off before I was shoving his pants and boxer briefs down enough to be able to wrap my hand around him. He groaned hotly into my mouth before his lips left mine and rushed open mouthed kisses down my chest until his mouth closed over my still cloth covered breast and sucked hard.