Chapter 20 - A Royal Decree

Thor strode in, looking around for a moment before he hung his hammer from the coat rack and then he faced his brother. "Where is the Lady Lexi?" he inquired.

"I'm over here Thor." Her head popped over the back of the couch, where she had apparently been lounging. Her hair was a mess and as she sat up she tugged on her shirt to straighten it. Thor looked from her to his brother, taking in the dilated pupils and messy hair he was also sporting. Thor realized what he had just interrupted.

"What do you want Thor? We are busy." Loki sounded bored.

"I am sorry to have interrupted, but it is in fact important as I said, Father is requesting your presence on Asgard."

Lexi walked around the couch and moved over to Loki, wrapping her arms around his waist. The casual move between the two made Thor happy. The fact that he had found his mate was a good thing, Thor was sure of it.

Loki was shaking his head, "I am not going back to Asgard, Odin will just throw me back in the dungeon and I have no interest in that."

Thor shook his head, "You misunderstand, I do not just mean you, brother, I mean both of you."

Lexi made a strangled squeaking sound, "What?"

Loki's back stiffened, "Absolutely not. I am not putting her in Odin's sight."

"She's already in Father's sight. That is done."

Lexi spoke up, "Um, excuse me, why does Odin want to see me?"

Thor noticed the way that Loki's arm held her tighter against him at the panic in her voice, Thor's tone softened as he answered her question, "Because he wants to meet Loki's soulmate."

Loki was shaking his head emphatically, "I won't allow it. But even if I was okay with it, there is no way the others would allow it either."

Thor sighed, "I do not think you will have much of a choice."

Again Loki shook his head, "Even if Odin had nothing nefarious planned for me or for her, there are others in the kingdom that might."

Lexi made a squeaking sound again, "Um. What?"

"Brother, you don't seriously think that do you?"

"Of course I do."

Thor glanced between the pair, considering things before he said, "Father will make sure that he sees you both, but I might be able to push it off until I can ensure that there is no risk to her."

Loki snorted, "Good luck with that. Is that all?"

"I think it would be best if you were to come back to Asgard with me alone, brother. Mother wants to see you and she has asked that I bring you."

Lexi was looking wide eyed between the brothers. Thor waited to hear what Loki would say, he expected him to refuse. So when he nodded his head curtly Thor felt no little surprise.

"Truly?"

"Fine. As long as you can assure that I will be coming back."

Thor tapped his closed fist against his opposite shoulder, "I swear it will be done."

Lexi snickered at that but when they both looked at her she just shook her head and did not explain. Thor turned back to his brother, "We should go immediately."

Loki rolled his eyes, but turned to her with an apology in his eyes. Lexi's eyes glinted and she pushed up on her toes to link her arms around his neck, "Kiss me goodbye my lord."

Loki's smirk flashed and he pulled her up further so that he could cover her mouth with his. Her fingers tangled in his hair as his arms pulled her even closer. They got quite lost in each other. Thor looked to the ceiling, not embarrassed exactly, just not expecting to witness quite such an intense moment between these two. Realizing that they really needed to be going, Thor cleared his throat.