Memory ☆

JamesBuchananBarnesxf!Reader

Warnings: Needles? Thats pretty much it

more hurt comfort for you

It's cold. Really cold. All I have is my bra band and underwear, left alone and unclothed. My nose is numb. My fingers are numb. My toes are numb. Everything's tingly. All I know is I can't remember how I got here, who I am, where I am. Just that the door is locked, my hand hurts, and it's cold. Freezing.

I see my breath float in front of my face, the whole room a blue hue. Similar to the dark bruising on my wrist and up my hand. I brought my knees to my chest.

I shakily brought my fingers to my mouth, breathing warm air into my clasped palms. Doing anything I can to make myself just the few degrees warmer.

Finally after what felt like hours I heard something emanating from the other side of the bulky door. I stared at it, waiting for whatever was on the other side to pass. But instead came banging, loud shouting.

I made myself small, crawling into the corner, bringing my libs close to my torso. My skin touching skin, freezing myself in that position, litterally and figuratively.

Soon the door opened and someone came running up to me, a big man, longer hair, layered in as many coats as it seemed could fit. I tried to move away, I don't know these people, are they the ones that put me here?

"I've got you. It's okay. It's okay. I'm gonna take you home, alright?"

My mind raced as I tried to figure out who he is, who I am, where is home? I covered my face with my forearms, turning away from the people. All talking at once.

"You're safe, котёнок"

"Who- Who are you?" I asked confused, even unsure whether I should trust the answer that escaped his mouth.

"Someone brought extra clothes right?"

"They're all in the jet"

"Here"

"I'm... I'm Bucky. It's James. Come on, you know me"

"Bucky" I mumbled, it seems like I should recognize it, I don't know.

"Yeah. James. Here, take this, we are going to get you warm, alright? We just have to get to the jet" he held out a coat, my arms still covering my head in protection.

"James? or Bucky? That's your name"

"Come on, this isn't funny, let's go"

Confused, I draw away, trying to hold in tears, holding the injured arm close to my chest. He seemed to realize something, backing away. There are three other people there, all talking over each other.

He brought his voice down to a comforting coo, "My names is James Buchanan Barnes. I'm going to help you"

I finally slowly took the coat from his hand, pulling it over my shoulders, worried about trying to get it over my wrist.

"Can I help you? It's even colder outside and I want to make sure that you're as warm as possible till we get to the jet"

I shook my head, still scared, too much noise, too many people, it's too cold. James came a little closer, making me queasy.

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. Let me help you get the coat on... please"

Finally after a few seconds I agreed, allowing the man to put his gentle fingers around my arm, tugging the sleeve over my arm. Then the bruised right arm, making me whimper and grimace as he said, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, we have got to get you warm"