Hands of a Healer pt. 2 🧠

MAJOR DEPPRESSIVE EPISODE

RELAPSED AFTER BEING A YEAR CLEAN OF SH

MORE STUFF SOON, SORRY BABES FOR THE LATE POST

IF YOU LOVE THIS PLEASE VOTE OR COMMENT LOVE YOU <3

Druig put his hands over my ears and Makkari signed that they would keep me safe. Despite his efforts, I could still hear each distinct voice that was arguing in the common area of our home. I just want to sleep, is that too much to ask?

Ajak's voice was most clear. Then Icarus. Then a little of Phastos and Cerci. The rest I knew were there but mainly kept quiet.

Ajak was trying to keep calm, "She was scared of you. She told me that you hurt her."

"Ajak, you don't know anything."

"Are we even sure she was aware of what she was saying? Y/n was probably delirious." Sprite chimed in.

"I just don't ever see Icarus doing something like this." Cerci defended.

I knew that they wouldn't believe me. I didn't want to become a show, I didn't want to be the reason that we fight.

Icarus yelled loud now, "She's lying and you're letting her! What kind of leader are you!?"

"Can we go?" I pleaded with Druig, putting my hands over his to try and further block the sound. It's overwhelming.

"Okay."

~ ~ ~

The water lapped at my feet and the moon provided just enough light for me to see Druig. I still was shaking but I had calmed quite a bit. The sound of the ocean was a pleasant replacement for the yelling.

"Want do you want to do?" Druig asked after sitting for a while. He scooted closer to me, my hands sitting carefully in my lap.

"I don't know. I didn't want to be the reason the team fought. I didn't want to become a show."

"I know. But... I guess what I'm saying is... do you think you'll ever feel safe here? Will it ever feel like home again? Living with them? With him?"

"Can we just sit and not talk about it right now?"

I leaned my head on his shoulder and he nodded, with a quick kiss on my shoulder he turned back, looking up at the stars.

It feels nice, being able to breathe for once. The ocean is so calm, the sounds like a lullaby. The villagers believe in the woman's connection to the ocean, and that we draw our power from it. It's moments like now when I believe them.

I hummed, tired of trying to hold it together. Even though I didn't want them to know about my weakness, it felt good to have him trying to help me, it was easier now, to be more transparent with Druig. I adjusted, laying on his thigh so I could look up at the sky and he could play with my hair.

"I don't think I can. He told me- the last time- he told me that if I fucked it up again, he'd kill me. When I was begging him not to, he said 'If this happens again, you won't be coming home.' I can't live with that. You don't move on from something like that."

"Okay. So, we move out."

"What?!"

"We move out. Get away from them. Only tell Makkari and Ajak where we are going."

"What about Arishem? I mean... I know that I can't be of service, but you still can help."

"Recently I've been thinking, what if Arishem is wrong? I have this ability to keep the humans from getting hurt and yet all I can do is stop the deviants. It doesn't make sense."