On The Run pt.1 ☆

buckyxf!reader

He hovered over him, blood splattered on the metal of his arm, which now held the base of his neck. Where did his mission go wrong? The russian words over the intercom was no help.

I ran over to Stark, his cold lifeless body laying on the floor. I started ripping the remains of his suit off his body. Giving me enough room to start chest compressions, I heard a gasp and then the soldier turned "Wait! Run!" I yelled out to Banner.

"Is Tony really?" he stuttered as The Winter Soldier sauntered over to him.

"Go!"

I finally stopped to give rescue breaths, when I looked back up, Winter Soldier had Banner in his grasp.

"Bucky! Stop! Please!"

A pause, then he released Banner who coughed and gasped for air on the ground. Buck backed up looking down at his hands, shaking uncontrollably, a sheen of sweat covering his forehead.

He turned and saw me, giving CPR to Tony. Hoping with all I have that I can save him, "Buck it's okay"

"It's gonna be okay"

"Did I? I did, didn't I?"

I stopped, feeling for some kind of heartbeat, his neck, his arm. Nothing, just cold.

"No. No. Come on Tony!" I yelled.

Bucky turned to leave, whispering small apologies.

"Buck?"

He sighed turning around to showcase his teary eyes, his red nose, his inability to speak. It's a horrible sight, he won't even look me in the eye.

"James?"

"What?"

"We'll figure this out, dont leave"

I walked towards him but he backed up, he feared himself, he was scared of what he can do.
Shit. I've got to shock him out of this state, or Ross is going to come and take him and I'll never get a say in it.

"We have to run, come on, let's go"

"No, Y/n, I did this"

"No! You didn't!"

I stepped forward again backing him up against the wall, he still won't look me in the eyes. I sigh, putting a hand to his cheek, wiping the wetness away.

"Come on, please?"

"Okay"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We entered the small cabin, I took off my suit, putting on the sweater in the dresser, "Buck take your suit off, I know they will find the password to turn back on our trackers and by then they need to be away from here"

He started silently stripping off the shirt, I grabbed the keys to the truck that was sitting outside and took our suits putting them at the bottom of a storage container in the bed of the truck.

I drove them to a gas station a few towns over and then dropped them in the dumpster. As I head back I grabbed a few boxes of hair dye and some water and food, using the cash that was stored at the secret safehouse.

I sighed as my hands gripped the stearing wheel with so much force that my knuckles were turning white. I couldn't get the face out of my head, Tony dead, Bucky just crushed.

I pulled into the woods, parking next to the small cabin, I grabbed the grocery bags and keys and walked inside.

"Bucky? I brought some food and you need to eat"