Italian Summer ☆

Warnings: Guns, Nightmares, knives, alcohol as a coping mechanism, trafficking, abuse, threats

I'M BACK OFFICIALLY! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND THE VOTES AND COMMENTS! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

"I knew her. I did."

Steve rubbed his back, unsure of what to do. Bruce was across the room, dealing with me. I think I'm in shock. I haven't seen her in years, I thought she got out with Yelena.

"I knew her... she- she has been in my nightmares before." Bucky shivered.

Bruce spoke quietly, almost directly in my ear, "You need to go to the med bay, let me patch you up. You don't even have to talk if you don't want to."

I stared ahead, trying to go back and remember her name, where she was from, anything to figure out who she was.

"Come on, Natasha. You don't look so good." A new voice. I turned my head to find Clint and Fury. I know I look pathetic; they didn't have to tell me.

"I'll take care of it myself."

"Come on, agent. You have to give me a report anyways. Let's go to the med bay." Fury tried, nodding to me. I stood up with a grimace, clenching my teeth. As I continued out the jet, into the compound, and to my floor, I could hear them contest. Easily ignorable.

Bruce grabbed my shoulder, "Natasha, please?" I grabbed his wrist and pulled him over my shoulder. He was slammed to the ground faster than he could think, just knocking the air out of him. He tinged green and started grunting, before repeating, "No. No. Stay back."

"Nat?" Clint asked as I stood next to the rapidly changing Hulk. I stepped over him and went to my room, locking the door behind me.

With a sigh I took off my suit, groaning as pain stabbed through my side. It's basically just a big scrape, I can clean myself up.

That girl. I knew she was a widow, but when I got close enough, I knew it was her. Luna, at least that's what Dreykov called her. When I left, she told me to take her too. I didn't. I... I thought I couldn't.

Looking in the mirror, I saw Natasha. Slight curly hair pulled back, glasses over the eyes, headphones over the ears, and gun raised. I had hoped I had left her behind, but I can't. Cause that's still me. My past can never be erased. There will always be red in my ledger.

Opening the cupboard, I pulled out my bandages, rubbing alcohol, and some vodka. "Natasha! Open up!"

"Bucky, now is not the time! I can handle myself! Leave me alone!" I called from the sill of the bathtub.

"NATASHA!"

I huffed, stomping over to the door, "Barnes, shut the fuck up."

"I knew her too." He whispered, head down, eyes just barely catching mine. My breath caught in my throat.

"If you're fucking lying to me, I swear to God I'll have your throat."

"I'm not. I've seen her... in my nightmares."

~ ~ ~

We have been up for hours, my eyes giving off a slight burn. Going back on the footage from the mission, watching Luna to see any hint of where she is or who hired her.

She kicks me in the side and I go flying across the street. It didn't feel right. I skidded across the concrete, and then Bucky steps up. She paused for barely a second before running. She disappeared a few minutes later in the chase.

I didn't see that part.

"How did you know her?"

"I don't remember."