Prophesied People 🐍

Last edit: 8/23/23

Warnings: panic attacks, knife

IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE CONSIDER VOTING <3

I sit down on the floor and look out at New York City. It's beautiful, and it rained earlier this morning, so the droplets are painting the windows beautifully. The kitchen is quiet except for the small noises of milk cartons and eggs and cabinets opening, all of the team doing their own thing. None of us are awake enough to make conversation until...

"Stark! Did you really use all of the fucking coffee last night and manage not to get more? Or tell anyone that it was empty? You're a millionaire! At least pay for someone to get it for you!"

"I was working on something, I wasn't exactly thinking about your coffee needs, Natasha."

"Please, it's too early for you guys to be yelling," Bucky says, holding his fingers on his eyes. He probably hadn't gotten much sleep last night, and I can tell it's starting to get to him.

"Yeah, why don't I go get some. No need to yell, either of you, " I say, pulling myself out of my daydream and standing up, pushing the two Avengers apart.

After going to my floor of the tower to grab my shoes and keys, I drive out of the garage and to the supermarket.

It's a long car ride of silence, nothing but my thoughts to fill the gap. Something doesn't feel right today. A deep feeling in my chest that something is going wrong. I pull up to the supermarket and pull out my phone as I walk in.

I walk through, keeping my head down, heading straight for the coffee aisle. I dial Natasha and hold the phone to my ear. "Hey, mamas."

"Hey, honey, what's up?"

"Do you have a preference for the brand of your coffee?"

"Nope, just get whatever you want."

"Aight, I can do that."

"Thanks, love you."

"Love you too."

"Stay safe."

I ended the call as I came up to the arrangement of coffee varieties. I tried to remember which one was in the cabinet last, picking the one that looked familiar. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket as I headed back to the front.

Rogers

Training at 3?
read 8:09

I responded quickly, shoving my phone back into my pajama pocket. I looked up and saw a taller and bigger-looking teenager staring at me. When I caught him, he looked away quickly as if trying to hide it. I get in line at a cashier, not thinking much of it, I am a woman and an Avenger. I get stares.

I pay for the coffee, taking the bag into my hand, I walk down the length of the parking lot, checking under my car before clicking the button to unlock it. I put my hand on the car door handle and am about to pull when a hand stops me.

The teenage boy from earlier had followed me to my car. I set the coffee down and reach into my pockets casually, I find the call button of my phone quickly and hover my finger over it.

"Hey, can I help you with something?"

"Are you Luna?"

"Um... No."

I press the call button, being sure to keep Natasha off speaker.

"Oh, that's okay, I figured you would lie. You lie to the whole world all the time, why tell the truth to some boy."