Chapter 2 - lost trust

I've been sobbing, ramming my shoulder into the door. It's night, and I know the other widows don't appreciate my loud efforts to be let out. Another hour of attempts and I had given up, sitting with my back to the large steel keeping me stuck in this tiny room.

The silence of the night was getting to me, not knowing what they had planned. My thoughts run rampant of the possibilities, all worse than the last.

The faintest of steps set off my alarms and I went to see who it could be, looking under the crack of the door. Natasha was sneaking out. She's getting out. "Nat? Natasha." I whispered, watching as she looked at the door.

"Luna?"

"Natasha. You came back."

"I did... but I'm leaving again. For good. Someone is helping me escape."

"Take me with you, please? Please? I'm begging. They- they are going to punish me. I'm scared. Dreykov drugged me and... I need out."

"I can't. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"No. No, Natasha, come on. We said we would get out together. Please? I won't drag you down. I promise. I'll be quiet and carefull and I'll- I'll do anything. Please? Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Nat, don't do this."

"I'm sorry. I can't." I felt her prescence leave and panicked. Banging into the door. Repeating the same action I have almost all night.

"Fuck! Let me out of here! Now! Let me out! Fuck you! I'm going to kill all of you!" I fought for hours, till I heard other widows get up for morning training. Then I gave up, slipping into the corner and pulling my knees to my chest, unraveling my curly hair from the bun, and resting my chin on the tops of my hands. I waited like this for whatever would happen next.

~ ~ ~

It was hard to breath, every time I opened my eyes the room spun, I can't feel anything. Litterally. I put my hand on the metal of the car and its like it's not even there.

The light coming in from the window is too bright. My hand went up to shield it, but one of the guards jerked and pulled it back.

"Bright." I slurred, pinching my eyes closed, trying to give an explanation. Still they had no sympathy, and I sat with my head turned into one of their biceps to try and stop the sun.

Soon enough they were yanking me out of the car, and into a new building. At least it's not bright in here. I can vaguely hear people shouting in German and Russian.

They opened a door, walked me to the center of the room and then shoved me to my knees. My shins stung at the sharp contact with the concrete. My forehead was pushed to touch the floor, leaving me completely vulnerable to anything.

"She's seventeen, almost eighteen. Birthday is May 2nd. She's one of the top on the algorithm as well as in the widow program. She listens well but she is a fighter so watch your men carefully."

"Watch my men?"

"If they cross her, you'll find them dead sooner than you can stop it."

A pause.

"How does she do with authority?"

"If there is a trust, she obeys like that." He snapped his fingers to emphasize his point making me flinch under someone's hold.

"Anything else I should be aware of?"

"She's tripping pretty heavily right now, once it wears off she's going to be angry and hungry."

Footsteps as people left and the hand keeping me down was released. I sat up, hazy as I tried to gather as much information about my location as I could. But he was right. Whatever they gave me is just hitting now and I can't- I can't focus.

"D- Dreykov?"

A hand on my cheek, a false gentleness, "He's not here. It's just us."