Chapter 4 : Krish lashes out at Seema

"I and Aasha are going for pilgrimage tour to Kasi for a few weeks, we have a prarthana there...we are leaving tonight by train."

Shivaji announced shocking both the couples.

"Papa.."
"Papa..why suddenly? You haven't said anything about this before" - Krish asked being shocked at this.
"Papa.. if you go now.. who will handle our business...? What's the need to go now?" He further added.

"Yes, papa Bhai is right!" Karan agreed with him.

Shivaji after hearing both of them replied calmly-
"Beta, see  this prarthana is a long pending one, your mother wished to visit there after you both got married. This isn't something we decided yesterday and planning to go tomorrow.
I just didn't say anything about this before because I didn't want to publicize anything prior because my plans in the office gets changed at last minute. I didn't want to hype this.
And Krish about our company, I'm sure both of my boys are more capable of handling  it efficiently than me. So I'm not worried about it."

"I'm also not worried about leaving my sons alone here, I know both my daughters' would take care of them well and vice versa!" Aasha said beaming at her DIL's.

Shivaji nodded at this. Then he said--
"So, it's decided we are leaving tonight.
Seema you seem to be very quiet.. are you okay with this plan beta.. you haven't asked or said anything about this?" Shivaji questioned her sensing her to be quiet for so long.

"I--I am okay with this" she said with slightly stuttering.

"Call me Papa/Dad" Shivaji told her.

Silent tears pooled in Seema's eyes. This is the first time someone asks her opinion on something.

"I'm okay with this Papa" she said with little tears in her eyes. No one could notice this, but she can feel her eyes to be wet.

Krish wasn't happy with this though. He didn't want his parents to travel that long in this age. He was worried for their health. But, with no choice left, he agrees rather recultantly just to please them.

Aasha says--"okay tomorrow you both have to take  Seema and Meera to their father's house for the pagphera rasam. Since I'm not here, don't try to escape or forget this ritual. Mainly for you Krish... Understood?"

Krish nodes half heartedly.

-At night-

After dinner,both Shivaji and Aasha left for the tour bidding a goodbye to both the couples leaving them alone in the mansion. When Krish offered to drop them at the railway station, shivaji denied him saying that he would manage and that Krish needs to spend time with his wife. This angered Krish, but he didn't show it.

In Karan's room:

"Did you notice Bhai's indifference towards bhabhi today..? I felt him angry on her, he didn't even console her...." Karan said while leaning against the headboard of his king-sized bed.

"Baby, I didn't notice anything like that. I know he shouted at the table about the halwa... It was insensitive.. I agree...
But that was unintentional from his side, he didn't know who did the dish..It was a reflex action, and may be he was worried about the office and Papa's decision to go to Kasi, that's why he didn't pay attention to her" Meera said as she leaned on his shoulder, drawing random patterns with her right hand on his bare chest.

"And Baby, you're just overanalyzing this" she further added.

"Hmm maybe" Karan replied sighing.

"But Meera baby, how did you make the badam kheer so perfectly, I know you aren't good at cooking... Then how come this miracle happened?" Karan asked.