Chapter 33: Unbearable losses.

Author's Note:  Do comment your thoughts. Sincere thanks to all  those who have voted in the previous parts. Please press the  button if you enjoy my story.

Happy Reading!

*****************
-A Week Later-

SHIVAJI ENTERPRISES

"Ms. Mishra! This is not the file I asked for! Why can't you listen properly and execute the work?! Go get me the New design file of the building, Quick!" Karan yelled in frustration seeing the wrong file for the second time in a row. Karan felt as if he had lost a right hand, without Ananya being there for assistance. Yes, a week had passed after the tragic incidents in Ananya's life. She has been on leave since then and her post is temporarily replaced by Renuka Mishra. This new girl seems to be flirty in nature and sometimes takes her position for granted which irks both the brothers to a great extent. Except for a few shortcomings, this girl is good at her work. That's the only reason why she has been hired for this position temporarily.

Karan's POV

After sending her back once again for the getting the file, I sat down on the chair tiredly. I just hope Ananya recovers from this shock and trauma soon enough, and joins back to work. I agree her loss is totally irreplaceable and irredeemable, but for that she can't lose herself. The way I saw her that day, still pricks my heart. However, for one thing, I can be at ease- that she is in safe hands now, with people who will treat her with love and care. I closed my eyes, as incidents of that day flashed before my eyes like a picture...

**********************

Flashback (Author's POV)

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Haan.. Coming! Coming!" Shivaji yelled from inside. "Karan.. what happened? You first come in.. what happened..why were you banging the door continuously..? Is everything alright? Are you okay.. you look so pale..."Shivaji asked seeing Karan at his room so early in the morning.

"Paa.. I'm going to Ananya's house right now.. you and Bhai also come soon.. I'm going.. " Karan said in a hurry and turned to go, only to be stopped by Shivaji.

"Karan.. relax.. what happened.. why are you so tensed..? And we all will be going to her house by 8.. why no--"

"Papa.. Sachin ka call aaya.. wo keh raha tha ki.. Ananya ki maa ko kuch ho gaya hai..bolo raha tha ki wo bisthar se ut hi nahi rahi hai.. bechara ro raha tha.. pata nahi.. kya hua hai.. lekin I feel something is wrong.. I'm going now... You come with the others as soon as possible." (Papa.. Sachin called me.. he said..something is wrong with Ananya's mother.. he told me that she wasn't getting up from the bed at all.. poor guy, he was crying... I don't know what happened.. but..)

"Kya..Kab?" (What..? When?) Shivaji asked sounding shocked. Hearing voices at her door step, Aasha came out of the room to check the source of the voice and was surprised to find Karan at her room so early in the morning. She saw that he was looking extremely worried, she understood something was wrong.

"Abhi..thodi der phele.. Main jaa raha hun.. aap bhi jaldi aa jaiye" (Just a few minutes ago.. I'm going.. you also come soon) Karan said and turned once again to leave, just then Aasha stopped him.

"Arey! Karan.. what happened..where are you hurrying up?" She asked looking at the duo confused.

"Maa.. I'm going to Ananya's house.. they are in need of help.. the rest Papa will say to you.. now I'm in a hurry to go.. I'm sorry!" He said as he sprinted towards the door without waiting for her reply. Aasha turned to Shivaji, looked at him questioningly. He explained everything and Aasha was shocked out of her wits.