Chapter 19: Meera's Kitchen Adventure.

Author's Note- Sorry for not updating for the last two days. I was stuck up with some important work. Happy belated Pongal/Makar Shankaranti.. to all my dear readers! Enjoy well. Let this Pongal give us all the wealth and happiness we want! Thank you all for waiting patiently for my updates! :))
Happy Reading!
********************
Karan's POV
Bhabhi was continuously asking me the reason for telling Meera to cook... But I didn't say anything, instead I just smiled at her without telling her the real reason.
"Karan..why did you ask her to cook..? She's new to cooking.. I'll make the food.. why do you want to take this risk?" Bhabhi asked with a worried face.
"Bhabhi what do you mean by new to cooking..? Let her cook for today. Please!" I asked her again.

"Means.. she's now only learning.. I only used to do these things at our home.. she has hardly come in to the kitchen.. that's why I'm saying please I'll make it for today.. Is there any problem with my cooking?" Bhabhi asked frowning at me.

"No bhabhi.. absolutely not! I'm a fan of your cooking.. it's just that I--

"Ahhhhhh" "Ahh" before I could continue, we both heard Meera's loud scream from the kitchen. I was terrified hearing her tone. We both ran inside only to see that hot oil was exploding out of the kadai.. Meera was standing beside the stove, not knowing how to stop it. The hot oil was even popping out on her hands and shoulders. She was shouting because of the sudden droplets of hot oil on her skin.

I shouted at her to move away from the stove. She did as she was told. Then after a few minutes the explosion stopped. Meera was standing in a corner, so did we. After that came to a halt.. bhabhi took her out, while I carefully went near the stove and turned it off.  That's when I noticed a wet tablespoon was inside the burning hot oil Kadai. I found it out by looking at its ends which were still wet. 

"Di.. show me your hand.. let me check the other side..hopefully no blisters are there.." I heard bhabhi's voice as I stepped out of the kitchen. Meera was wincing in pain and bhabhi was applying some cream in her palm and its backside. I felt terrible looking at her condition. I was just looking at them without moving an inch.. I felt guilty for asking her to cook.. I just wanted to make her realize how much hard work bhabhi did that day.. But I never thought this would turn so disastrous.  

"Why Di.. can't you be a bit more careful..? Why did you make pooris'.. you could have made idli and dosas instead.. the batter was ready.. Have I left some other place.. on shoulders and here..?" Bhabhi was asking Meera pointing at her cheeks and chin. 

"Ka-Karan likes pooris very much.. I - I wanted to make it for him.. I didn't check the oil's temperature when I put the tablespoon in it.. I-I thought.. I dried the spoon well- but.. " she was hiccuping a lot, badly shivering!
Bhabhi calmed her down and came to me.

"I have washed her hands and face with fresh cold water, thankfully there are only a very few blisters on her right palm & arms.. I have also applied the anti inflammation cream.. but ask her if the oil was sprayed somewhere else as well.. if she wants take her to the hospital" she told to me in a concerned tone. I felt bad for creating this unwanted mess for her. But Bhabhi didn't question me anything about my stupidity. She just said this and was about to go the kitchen once again, but I stopped her.

"Sorry bhabhi.. I just wanted to teach her a point, but I never thought it turn out so bad. I'm sorry for making this mess because of my stubborness." I apologized to her. But she just shrugged and said-

"Thank goodness.. nothing serious happened.. thank god for that..now go talk to her.. look after her.. I'll go make your favourite pooris for you" she said smiling but I felt terrible hearing her..I just doubled her works! I merely nodded and went towards Meera and took her to our room. But at the end Meera made me guilty. I couldn't see her like this.. no matter how much I fight with her... she is still my heart.. my love.