Chapter 56: Her Past-1

Author's Note: To all my readers who were eager for an update... here it comes!

Thanks for voting in the previous chapters.❤️❤️

Read, Vote and Comment. Eagerly awaiting your responses. Please give lots of inline comments.. I love knowing your reactions!

The sentences given in [] are meanings of Hindi sentences spoken.

Thank you for your constant support.❤️

Happy Reading❤️

*********************

-Author's POV-

After his wife's death, Shekar completely diverted his attention to his business to overcome the grief. He rarely stayed in his house and the kids were completely under Anjali's care. He didn't bother much about his kids as he trusted his sister, unlike his late wife. He came home only when he needed some relaxation or if he lost a deal. Those were the days when Anjali manipulated Shekar against Seema telling him how much of a trouble maker she was or how she made Meera cry for hours.. none of which was true. But there wasn't anyone to oppose her. She also used to blame Seema for her bad luck and would always quote that as the reason for his wife's death and also his failures in business.

Till a certain point, Shekar used defend Seema and would scold Anjali for blaming her unnecessarily. But as the time went by, even Shekar started believing in her words and started distancing himself from Seema bit by bit, leaving her deprived of even the father's love. He started believing that if not for Seema, his wife would have been alive and his life would have been happy. Whenever these thoughts occupied his mind, he started disliking Seema unconsciously and started finding faults in whatever she did. He wasn't satisfied with her, no matter what she did, he eventually started comparing Meera and Seema and would degrade her always.

Seema used to have a pathetic life. Anjali treated her like a servant, rather than a kid. She used to burden her with works from a very young age. Shekar's frequent absence made it easier for her. She used to order around Seema without considering her age.

Anjali used to lock Seema in a room which had only one window. It had no other facilities. One of their servants named Susila used to take care of Seema till her 2 years of age. After that, even she was stopped and Seema was forced to do her things herself. During those times Shekar avoided visiting his home for it always reminded him of his wife.

-Seema's POV-
"As far as I remember, my childhood days were the worst. Bua used to scold me, pinch me or even beat me sometimes if I do something wrong even by mistake. She loathed me a lot and it was visible in her every action. However I have never seen her even raise her voice at Meera di even if she breaks something valuable. By looking at the love that she was being showered with, I innocently thought that when I grow up like her, I also will be treated with love and care like her, but I was so wrong. As I grew up, she started torturing me even more and I was threatened to stay silent, if not I had to starve until she forgives me.

But there were few days when Papa would be home and she used me treat me like a princess, those days she won't let me work at all. Whenever he was around, she used dress me up with expensive clothes, let me sleep on a comfy bed in a different room which was big and it also had toys.. those giant teddy bears. etc. She even gave me proper food. But would always deny me chocolates saying I would catch cold if I had it. I used long for those chocolates.. They were like some shiny bars which were always out of my reach. As a child, I used long for my Papa to return soon and would cry for  long hours if I knew that he was about to leave. But bua used to tell him I'm just creating unnecessary drama to grab his attention and would threaten me to shut up.