Chapter 45: Meera's Concern

Author's Note: Thanks for voting in the previous chapters.❤️❤️

Read, Vote and Comment. Eagerly awaiting your responses. Please give lots of inline comments.. I love knowing your reactions!

The sentences given in [] are meanings of Hindi sentences spoken.

Happy Reading!❤️❤️

********************

Meera feared that the girl in the photo was someone whom she knew very well. She wanted to be wrong. She never expected that girl as a prospect bride for her brother.. Never! Hoping that she was wrong, she zoomed the particular picture alone and her worst fear came true. The girl is someone she knows very well. The girl whom Meera thinks could ruin others life.

"Bua.. this girl.." Meera uttered in shock, except these two words, she couldn't bring up to say anything more. She simply stared at the photo with a horrified look. Her Aunt who was till now immersed in some other thoughts, found it surprising to see Meera pale. As far as her aunt knows, Meera wasn't someone who fears others, it has always been the other way around. Her Aunt was now curious to find the reason behind her horrified look.

"Jaanu, what happened?" She asked lovingly. Meera was too much worried to answer. She wasn't paying any attention to her question at all. Her aunt slightly shook her to bring her from thoughts.

"What happened? Why are you staring at this photo like this? Do you also like her?" Her aunt quipped.

"Also like her?... who..who else likes this girl? Atul bhaiya..? Aap?" she asked in terror. 

[Atul Bhaiya or you..?]

"Atul nahi...lekin iss ladki muhje pasand aayi hai..par muhje yeh bata ki tum itni shock kyun ho? Koi dhikkat hai?" she asked sensing her mood. 

[Not Atul, I like her.. but tell me why are you so shocked now.. any problem?]

"Bua.. listen to me.. this girl.. this girl is not right for Atul bhaiya..you can select anyone else other than this girl.. but not her.. please..consider this my request but don't select her" she spoke pointing at the picture.

"But.. Jaanu.. why? Do you know this girl? But how do you know her..? And why are you rejecting this girl for Atul.. see looks wise she looks good then why not her?" Her Aunt asked suspiciously.

"Bua.. please don't ask me anything about this girl.. but just listen to me and reject her.. she's not good for Bhai.. please!" she pleaded once again without telling the real reason to her aunt.

"Jaanu.. Are you mad? How can I reject this proposal without any proper reason..just because you say so? How can I just say no to them on your behest?" Her Aunt asked in a raised voice.

Meera felt helpless. She somehow wanted to convince her aunt about rejecting this particular's girl hand for her brother's marriage. She loves her brother very much and she knows he's a very nice person by nature and heart. She can never allow this girl to ruin his happy life in anyway. Moreover, her aunt was hell bent on knowing the reason behind her sudden decision, which she doesn't want to disclose.

"Bua.. please.. don't ask the reason, believe me she is not the right one for Bhai.." she pleaded yet again without giving any clue why she doesn't want to. Her aunt was confused with her strange behaviour and was adamant to know the reason behind her disapproval for this bride.

"Meera! Don't be childish! Tell the reason behind your rejection. If I find it fair enough, I'll reject this proposal, otherwise No!" she said sternly.