Chapter 55: Confession

It was almost been two weeks to Aasha's  return. Taking care of Meera was their priority. Everything came afterwards. She enjoyed a royal treatment these days. Anything that she wanted, was given to her without her telling it even the second time. In fact, Karan even sometimes went a step ahead to satiate her cravings, he would buy her ice creams, spicy foods, clothes etc without even her asking for that. In short, they took care of her so well exceeding her expectations. 

Even Karan spared her enough time, despite his hectic schedule. Krish offered him to take break from the office but there were certain times, that mandated his presence. So, Karan decided to manage both simultaneously. There was yet another reason for his doubled work load, it was his stubborn stupid decision to swap Ananya with Swathi PA of Vice Secretary Vineet. Swathi though was good, she couldn't replace Ananya. Her way of working differed a lot from that of Ananya and Karan who was accustomed to the way of Ananya's scheduling, found it difficult to adjust with Swathi. He knew Ananya was the best when it comes to job, but his stupid Ego wouldn't let him accept it. 

He deliberately swapped her position with Swathi to make her realize her mistake of poking her nose in to his personal matters, but looks like it is him who's getting the lessons because of several incidents. First, he almost missed an Investor's meet because Swathi's negligence, next he was being constantly questioned by Krish about his decision of swapping Ananya and wasn't getting convinced at any of his reasons. He had a hard time managing Krish's investigation. And the most highlight of this decision, it was Ananya who was getting benefitted out of this arrangement instead of him. She was able to leave the office earlier than usual because her job load was reduced to a great extent and his was increased on the other hand. He sometimes even thought of calling back Ananya, but he didn't. He was afraid of Krish's questions.. What will he answer Krish if he asked him about his capricious decisions?

-SHIVAJI ENTERPRISES-

-Karan's Cabin-

"Karan, who we have this meeting scheduled tomorrow sharp at 12 P.M." Said Krish pointing at the monitor. They were discussing about the new Municipal tender they've undertaken recently. 

"What tomorrow? I wasn't informed till now!" Karan gasped in shock.

"But, the circular was sent two days back itself." Krish replied.

"What?" It was another shock for him.

"Yes, didn't Swathi inform you yet?" Krish questioned.

"No Bhai.. she didn't" He replied truthfully.

"Psst. Why is she so absent minded..?" Krish mumbled to himself.

"I.. I will check with her Bhai. You continue" Karan said referring to the slide Krish was explaining him.

"That can wait. First you tell me, why did you swap Ananya and Swathi?"Krish asked directly without beating around the bush.

"Bhai, I told you plenty of times. Swathi is a good candidate. So, I thought of exposing her to more opportunities and groom her." Karan repeated the same old reason.

"Is it so? Her behaviour and performance speaks otherwise?" Krish wasn't ready to back away.

"Bhai, she is new to this position.. I mean.. yes she was Vineet's P.A, but her work load is a bit more here.. so--

"You seem defending her too much.. don't you think?" Krish asked raising his brows.

"Bhai.. it's not that.. what I mean is tha---