Chapter 35: Meera's Stinging Remarks!

Author's Note

Please Vote and Comment. Sincere thanks to all those who have voted & commented in the previous parts. Please vote on the previous parts as well, if you have missed any. Thanks in advance! Extremely sorry for the delay! Thanks for all the patience and support.Love you all!❤️❤️❤️

The sentences given in [] are meanings of Hindi sentences spoken.

Happy Reading!

***************

-Bougainvilla-

-Karan's Room, Evening-

Meera was resting in the bed, listening to her favourite songs while planning her next move to trap Karan in her pseudo love. She was deeply worried by the fact that he wasn't paying any attention to her, since her birthday. He was very much worried about what happened that day. And he was working too much to cope up with Ananya's absence, though Aryan(PA) was helping him in that.

[A ringtone plays in background]

Suddenly, Meera's phone rings with an incoming call from her father. She gets happy seeing his call and attends it immediately.

"Hi, Appa..how are you?"

"I'm good ma.. Tu kaisi hai.. daamad ji kaise hai? Or bakhi sab?" [How are you? How's Son-in-law? And all others?]
"Appa.. yahan sab log tikh hai.. mai bhi teek hoon.. lekin Karan bas thoda sa pareshan lag raha hai kuch dino se.." [Appa.. everyone's fine here.. I'm also good..but Karan only looks somewhat worried for few days now]

"Arey! Par kyun? Unki tabiyat toh theek hai na?" [Arey! But why? His health is fine right?]

"Haan.. Haan wo sab theek hai..lekin work pressure thoda zyada hai aajkal.. that's why he is worried now a days.." she said with a sigh. [Yes, he is fine..but work pressure is a little bit high..that's why he is worried now a days..]

"Oh.. why is he working so much? He is also the CEO right? Is that Krish even working or not? Why can't he share Karan's workload? I guess Karan is doing his works as well.. that's why so much pressure for Karan..!! Poor guy!!"
He commented with a frown.

"May be pa.. I don't know.. but they're enjoying their lives I think.. because I never see them working so hard.. especially that Kris-- but you leave that..tell me why did you call me.. is anything important..?" She quickly changed the topic, as she knew it was dangerous for her to talk too much on this matter,sitting here.

"Yes..I called you to inform that your Amma's Srāddh is on coming Friday.. you and Karan please come and attend it." He informed.

"Is it so..? But the Death day is coming on next month only na?" She asked perplexed.

"Ji (yes).. but the star is falling on coming Friday, so we have to do the Srāddh this month itself" He explained.

"Oh okay! I'll surely come along with him"

"Ji(Okay).. then?"

"Appa..are you going call her and Krish as well?" She asked suddenly.

"I don't want to! I will--" he was about say something when Meera cut him inbetween.

"Appa! You have to call her also.. no matter what..she is also one of Her(Amma's) Daughter.. it's her right.. please call her also... If she comes, she will able to help us a lot. She will work nicely..I..I mean she will also feel good if she attends the pooja.. please Appa call them also.." She requested sweetly, though her intentions were anything but sweet.