Chapter 26: An Early Morning Guest.

-Kitchen-

Seema was doing her morning routine chores. A blush crept over her cheeks when she reminisced about whatever happened in the morning. Karan noticed her smiling looking somewhere, while he came in to the Kitchen for wishing her a good morning.

"Bhabhi Good Morning" he wished her. Her flow of thoughts got interrupted due to his voice, she turned back to him and wished him too.

"So what have you planned for Di's birthday?" She asked him. It was Meera's birthday the next day.

"Bhabhi how did you find that I'm planning something for her?" He asked surprised.

"Well, your face says it all" she answered with a mischievous grin.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Nah.. but I can read minds" she said.

"Bhabhi!" He pouted.

"Aww.. it's fine I won't say anything to her.. but see to that she doesn't find it herself" she said smiling at him.

"It's Karan's Plan.. bhabhi" he said lifting up his imaginary collars, boasting his plan.

"And remember she's Meera.. nothing less" Seema said in her favour.

"I agree!" He raised his hands in surrender.

*Door Bell Rings*

"Bhabhi I'll see the door" he went to open the door.
Seema wondered whom it would be..so early in the morning.
After a few minutes, Karan and Mr.Shekar came in to the living room, chatting with each other and took a seat on the couch, Karan excuses himself and goes to inform Meera about his arrival.
Seema came to the living room with a coffee to greet the guest. She was surprised to see her father here.

"Appa..how are you?? What a surprise! Anything special..? You're here early in the morning!" She asks in a surprised tone.

"Why? Should I have a reason to come here? Most importantly why would you  think that I will tell you the reason anyways?"

"Appa.. sorry" she says in a sad tone.

"Just stay within your limits! Don't poke your nose in everything unnecessarily!" He states rudely.
Seema's eyes get pooled with tears hearing the harsh words from her father's mouth. But she stops them before spilling out of her eyes. She just stands beside him quietly. 

"Why do you keep standing here like a rock? Don't have something productive to do? Always eating in others' money! Have some shame.. go do something.. don't stand here like a statue.. go!" he hisses in a low tone and glares at her.

"Sorry.. appa" with that she scurries off to the kitchen once again.

"Mr. Shekar! you here.. what a pleasant surprise.. how are you?" Krish asks as he comes in from his morning walk.

"Beta.. I'm fine.. call me Papa/Dad.. just like Karan does.. Mr. Shekar sounds too formal" Seema's father replies with a frown.

"Ji Dad" he answers with a poker face. He notices that the coffee cup is remaining untouched on the teepoy table. 

"Have the coffee.. it's getting cold.." he says pointing at the coffee cup.

"Ji" his father in law answers with a fake smile and proceeds to take the coffee cup.

"Seema.. where are you.. get me a cup of coffee please.. and also come here and see.. who has come to meet you!" Krish yells from the couch. Mr. Shekar's expression hardens as soon as he hears this.