Chapter 37: Meera's Accusations!

Author's Note: Hearty thanks to all the wonderful readers who have voted and commented in the previous chapters. You guys are my only motivating factors. Thanks for all your  undying love and support. ️❤️❤️

Hope this part has come out well. Please do share your views on my story line. Without any further ado, let's hop in to the story.

The sentences given in [] are meanings of Hindi sentences spoken.

Happy Reading!!

*****************

-Bougain Villa-

Karan's POV

Though I was walking in the terrace in the early morning as usual, my thoughts were elsewhere. I was really disheartened by the fact that I will not be able to host a surprise party for Meera coming Friday. I really wanted to make it up to her for not being there with her on her birthday. I wanted see her happy and cheerful face once again, because nowadays I only get to see her irritated /annoyed face. I don't why but recently, I noticed that she was using her mobile phone way too much than before. Maybe due to her work.. I guess.

When I was about to get down the stairs for coming down, I saw Bhabhi coming up slowly carrying a bucket full of washed clothes for drying out in the sun. She was struggling to carry that bucket in the stairs. I immediately went to her and carried the bucket to the terrace.

"Thanks Karan!" She said with a tired smile. I shook my head dismissing her thanks and offered to help her. But she denied it right away. I don't understand why Meera never helps Bhabhi in all these household chores. I have never seen Bhabhi complaining about the amount of work she does rather she sees to that everyone is comfortable and satisfied.

Whenever I asked Meera why she doesn't help Bhabhi, all she would say is
"Karan! I'm already exhausted with all my office works, now don't expect me to do these as well." Sometimes when I insist her on helping Bhabhi with the works, it would always end up in small fights between us where she would accuse me of being inconsiderate towards her and favoring Bhabhi way too much.!

Many a times I have also asked Bhabhi about this. But every time she says that she's happy doing all these works, as she can be helpful at least in this way and that she doesn't want to burden Meera with more works. But whenever she says this, I feel bad for Bhabhi, for handling so many works, alone.

"Karan..! Karan! Where are you lost?" I heard Bhabhi's voice breaking my flow of thoughts and I saw her waving her hands in front of me. I simply shook my head

"No where Bhabhi" I answered with a smile.

"Still worried about the party?" she asked looking at my worried face. I was amazed by her skill of mind reading.

"How do you know Bhabhi?" I asked in a surprised tone.

"Chehre pe saaf saaf dikh raha hai" she said with a smile. I smiled back. [It's clearly visible on your face]

"Don't worry we'll figure out something!" she assured, then she went to dry out the clothes in the cloth line.

I followed her and helped her in hanging the clothes in the cloth line, despite her constant refusals.

"Karan.. leave it.. I can do it by myself" she tried convincing me.

"It's okay Bhabhi.. I'll do.. its not like I do this everyday.. Let me help you at least today" I replied while the next cloth from the bucket.

"But Karan.." she was about deny it once again with another reason, when I gave her a pleading look which she agreed rather reluctantly. Then within a few minutes, we dried all the clothes out in the terrace and came down.