Chapter 72

I hopped out of the car and stared out into the trees in front of me. We'd parked on the side of the road so that we wouldn't be too close to Woodbury. Only a few miles into the woods was Woodbury and the Governor who held two of my best friends. My family.

"Alright, we all know the plan? Sarah, your going to stay with the car in case things so south. The rest of us will go and get Glenn and Maggie." Rick said before getting ready to leave.

"You gonna be alright here?" Daryl asked, stepping in front of me.

"I'll be fine?"

Daryl gently took my arm and pulled me aside a little ways away from everyone else.

"We got no idea what's gonna happen when we get to Woodbury..." he said nervously drawing circles in the dirt.

"Wait. Don't, don't talk like I'm never going to see you again. You are going to get Glenn and Maggie back and then were going to deal with this 'Governor'. Just, promise that your gonna come back to me?"

Daryl took my hand and his bright blue eyes met mine. I leaned in closer to him but he stopped me.

"I ain't kissin' you 'til I get back." his blue eyes looked down at me from his tall frame.

I watched as the group disappeared into the tree line.

---

It had been a few hours since the group left. I was still staring at the trees, wrapping the leather jacket tighter around me. The cold air had become sharp and it was chilled my bones. My knee bobbed up and down creating a hole in the dirt beneath me.

They should have been back a few hours ago. They must have run into trouble. Something must have gone wrong.

The snapping of a twig made me raise my gun to the trees. It was pitch black but the moon was high in the sky, giving me very little light. A familiar face came out of the shadows, Maggie. She was helping Glenn to walk.

"Glenn, Maggie!" I ran to Maggie and wrapped my arms around her. I quickly got underneath Glenn's other arm and helped him to walk and then lean on the car. He was beaten and bloody, a swollen blue eye and cut up lip.

"Sarah." a voice said my name. I turned around to see Rick and Michonne coming out of the trees. A groan from Glenn made me turn around and see him holding his side.

"Here." I grabbed the medic bag from the car and handed it to Maggie.

"Thanks." Maggie gratefully took the bag.

I turned to Rick and saw him pinching the bridge of his nose. Then I looked around at all the eyes staring at me and I felt my heart sink into my stomach. I searched for those crystal blue eyes that I had seen only hours ago.

"Is he dead?"

For some random reason at this moment, those were the only words to fall from my mouth. I looked at Glenn and Maggie, then to Michonne, then to Rick.

"The Governor has him."

Hey! This special update is my gift to you for Easter! I hope you all have an amazing Easter! I know this is such a short chapter but I wanted to at least give you guys something to read to get you through tomorrow!

Don't forget...COMMENT, VOTE, and KEEP READING! love ya'll!