Chapter 60

The sound of moaning echoed in my ears. My eyes opened and I quickly realized what happened. Shane. I was alone in the shed and my throat burned and felt like it had been crushed. I could breathe, thank god.

I stood up and saw only the handcuffs that had once held Isaac, now covered in blood. Fresh blood. The door to the shed was cracked open just a little, letting in some moonlight. I walked over to the door and peered outside.

There were walkers, hundreds of them all over the farm. A sea of the dead, no living anywhere. Where was everyone? Where was Daryl? I looked around inside the shed for anything I could use as a weapon and I saw an old screwdriver lying on the floor. I grabbed it and prepared myself to be swarmed by the walking dead.

I have to find everyone else. I have to find Daryl. I took one last breathe and swung the shed door open. I sprinted towards the house and sprinted past all the walkers trying to grab me. As I ran to the house, a walker reached out its dead hands to take a chunk out of me. I quickly stabbed it in the head and it slumped to the ground along with my screwdriver still in its head.

"Dammit!"

More and more walkers saw me and headed my way. The swarm of walkers started to block my way to the house. I had to turn back, but walkers had started to encircle me.

I prepared for what seemed to be my death, but instead I heard gunshots.

It was dark but I saw someone shooting the walkers around me. Finally the closest walker to me fell dead. I looked to see who it was that saved me. It was Jessica.

"Jessica?" I croaked. She still held the gun in her hand and aimed at me.

"Shane told us you where dead." she smiled, her finger on the trigger.

I shook my head, seeing that I couldn't speak. More walkers started to draw closer to us, but Jessica still had her gun facing me. Suddenly a shot rang out and a searing pain shot through my calf. I fell to the ground, clutching my leg in my hands. The bitch shot me.

Jessica walked up to me and smiled.

"Daryl will get over you. He did the first time." she smirked.

I couldn't speak, but if I could I would tell her to go to hell. She raised her gun to my head and I prepared myself for whatever would come next. I thought of what she would tell Daryl and the group, if they all made it out alive.

The sound of a gunshot rang out, but I didn't feel anything. I opened my eyes and had Jessica fallen to the ground. There was a bullet whole on her head and I knew that she was dead.

I turned my head around and was hoping to see Daryl. It was Isaac with a gun in hand.

"Isaac?" I whispered. My throat burned but I ignored it. He ran up to me and helped me to stand.

"We got to go." he said. He took my arm and put it over his shoulder. Walkers heard the shot and headed our way. My leg was now burning and I could barley put any weight on it. Isaac helped me as we ran into the woods. By now my leg burning. We ran for what seemed like hours, the moans dying out the further we got.

I could't go any further, my lungs and leg killing me.

"Isaac..."

I was getting weaker and weaker and my calf started to feel numb. He could probably see that I was getting heavier on his shoulder, so he lowered me against a tree and helped me to sit down.

I, gently as I could, stretched out my leg and ripped a bigger hole in the pant leg, revealing the gunshot wound. I leaned my head back on the tree and bit my lip.