Chapter 35

Two weeks later...

Sarah's POV

The sound of talking woke me up. I rolled onto my back and stretched my arms, still way to tired to get up. I let my arms fall to my sides. I could here movement coming from outside which was my cue to get up. I had only gotten a few hours sleep and it had been like this for a few days.

Something about falling asleep brought back the horrible memories of being taken by that horrid man and Isaac, though I didn't blame Isaac. It would take me hours to fall asleep, and when I finally did I would have nightmares.

"Hey Sarah!" I heard my name being called. I groaned and sat up, loud enough for whoever it was outside to hear me.

"Coming!" I said. I slowly got up and changed into a pair of jean and a blue t-shirt. I threw my hair into a messy bun and put on my boots. I unzipped my tent and saw Maggie standing there.

"Mornin'." I groaned as I got up. I brushed myself off and headed over to her.

"Hey, you mind helpin' me with something?" she asked.

"Sure...depends what it is though." I said with a hint of sarcasm. She handed me a list of what looked like medical supplies.

"Daddy wanted me to go on a run and get all these things cause he is runnin' low, but I was planning on hangin' out with Glenn." she said, a giant smile her face.

"Wait, you and Glenn?" I playfully took a giant step in her direction. She gave me a mean look and I laughed.

"Well, will you help me?" she asked, scooting away from me.

"Yeah, no problem. You know there is nothin' better then going on a run alone with Glenn." I pointed out to her.

"Oh yeah..." she replied, not realizing that this would have been a better option. She reached out for the list but I snapped it away from her.

"Nope. To late now..." I played with her. Maggie rolled her eyes and walked to the house. I started walking over to where Carol was making breakfast with Lori. On my way over, I looked down and started to read over the list Maggie gave me when I ran into what seemed like an all to familiar wall.

I crashed into someone, looking up and realizing that I had run straight into Daryl. His crisp blue eyes met mine as I gazed into them. I snapped out of the little trance and moved away from Daryl.

"Watch it," he growled. I could see that Jessica was standing behind him, shooting daggers at me.

"Sorry, guess I wasn't paying attention." I murmured, looked Daryl in the eye. He seemed different, like he had turned back into the mean and careless part of him that I had thought was long gone. I guess not...

I thought I could hear the faint whisper of 'stupid bitch' or something of that context. I watched as Daryl and Jessica walked away towards the house and lowered to the ground to pick up the list that I had dropped when I bumped into Daryl. I picked up the tiny piece of paper and walked over to the log where T-Dog was sitting.

"Morning." T-Dog spoke, playing with his fork and giving me a weird look.

"What?" I asked as I sat down. I realized that Dale and Carol were also staring at me with the same weird look.

"What?" I asked louder.

"Nothing." they all said in unison. I sat down and Carol handed me a plate of food, thanking her. We all sat in silence, I was staring daggers at T-Dog who was just about to spill the beans until Dale nudged him with his foot.