Chapter 27

Sarah's POV

I woke up to the sound of light voices. I opened my eyes and a bright light shone in my eyes. I realized that I was in a room, sort of like a basement or something. I looked around, seeing that I was sitting upright on the ground, my hands tied behind my back. There was a gag in my mouth, making my mouth start to feel dry. My head was pounding, making me think that I was hit pretty hard.

"Well, look who's awake?" said a man, the same man who I had fired my gun at before getting knocked out. He was an older man because I could see flecks of gray hairs. He had a little bandage wrapped around his head, covering his ear which was still bleeding. Looks like I got a piece of him.

"See what ya did?" he pointed to his bloody ear. He had a fake smile on his face. "I'm gonna make you pay!" he yelled. He raised his hand and before I could turn away it struck my face, sending me reeling.

A rush of pain shot through me making me nauseous. A arm grabbed a handful of my shirt pulling me back into an upright position just to be met with another blow to the jaw. I rolled onto my side trying to block myself from another blow. The taste of blood filled my mouth showing how hard I had been hit.

I felt a shiver run down my spine when the man started to laugh. There was something in his laugh that made me realize that he wasn't done. I looked up to see him reaching down, grabbing a handful of my hair. He yanked me up, blood dripping from the corner of my mouth.

He smiled and leaned in closer, pulling my hair. I held in the urge to scream, even though all I wanted to do was to scream for Daryl. The man pulled my head back, lifting my chin up towards him. He smiled and whispered,

"Let's have some fun."