Chapter 63

3 months later...

Its was a hard winter. We were always on the move, always searching for food and always on the run for walkers. I was waiting outside while Daryl, Glenn, Isaac and Rick cleared out a house. It seemed like every time we found a safe place, it was never really safe. I don't think there is anything safe nowadays.

A whistle came from the house as a signal that the house was clear. I waved my hand to the rest of the group, calling to them that they could go inside. I watched as each person went inside the house. Hershel, Beth, Maggie, T-Dog, Carol, Carl and finally a very pregnant Lori. I went in last, checking to make sure there were no walkers.

I closed the door behind me and leaned against it finally getting a chance to just sit and relax. Daryl came out of the room a few feet from me and I nodded to him. We were both tired and drained of energy. We walked into the main living room where everyone was sitting. Carl ran into the room with a can of dog food that he must have just found.

No matter how hungry I was, I don't think I could eat that. Just as Carl took out the can opener, Rick tool the can and threw it into the fireplace.

"We got company." T-Dog whispered from the window.

"Time to go." I mumbled to myself.

We quickly grabbed everything and snuck out the back door. Walkers were coming around the side of the house and I got ready to hop on the back of Daryl's bike when I saw something.

"Hold up!" I called over the engine.

I ran to the house and grabbed a shovel that was lying there. I quickly put it in the trunk of the Rick's car and jumped on Daryl's bike. We drove for a while with the cold wind blowing in my face. I rested my head on Daryl's back, feeling the warmth of his body against mine. We pulled over to the side of the road and I stood beside Daryl.

"We'll set up camp here for the night." Rick ordered.

I grabbed our things from the bike. I helped start a very small fire with Carl. Daryl was out hunting to see if he could find something for us to eat. After I set up the tent, I sat beside Carl in front of the fire.

"Here." I passed my last granola bar over to Carl.

He thanked me and ran over to Lori and gave her half of it. Daryl came out from the trees and handed the very skinny rabbit to Carol. She quickly made some soup or something with the squirrel. Mainly water, herbs and the meat.

I can't complain. It's more then we've had in a while/ We all ate around the fire but I had only eaten a little of mine.

"Carl." i whispered over to him. When nobody was looking, I poured my stew into his bowl and he ate it thankfully. Rick saw me and nodded his thanks.

I got up and walked over to Daryl. He is leaning against a tree a little ways away from everyone else which is worrying me. Something must be wrong.

"Why you over here?" I softly asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and kept his head down.

"Are you worried about something? Daryl, what's wrong?" I persisted.

"Nothin." That was his answer? No, there is definitely something bugging him.

"You know your a bad liar." I nudged his shoulder annoyingly.

"You know you can tell me." I slipped my hand into Daryl's and intertwined our fingers.

"My brother, Merle. Don't know if he's dead or alive." Daryl muttered softly. I finally understood why Daryl was upset. I had only heard little bits of what had happened to him, but never fully understood.

"What happened to him?"

"He ran his mouth. Got himself cuffed to the roof of a buildin' in Atlanta by Rick. They left him there, I went back but he was already gone. Son of the bitch cut off his hand. Never found 'im." Daryl explained. I had heard from Lori what happened, and from what she said it sounded like Merle wasn't the nicest person.

"Well, I can defiantly tell that you two are brothers." I laughed.

"How so?"

"You both like to run your mouths a lot." He smirked and we walked back to out tent. I could tell it was going to be a cold night so I decided not to change my clothes. Also that I hadn't a lot of clean clothes so I was stuck in my dirty clothes.

I snuggled into my sleeping bag to try and get warm, but it was still to cold. Daryl wrapped his arm around my waist and got in closer.

"Daryl, your hands are cold." I told him as he pulled me closer. Daryl brought up his hand to my cheek and let his cold fingers press against my cheek.

"Jackass." I pulled his hand away from my face and held it tight. I closed my eyes and felt sleep come over me.

Hello you guys! Happy New Year! It's 2015!

I finally got to writing! Here is Ch. 63 and I hope you enjoyed it.

You guys enjoying it so far? I love hearing from ya'll and will hopefully be writing more these next few days. School is starting up again which sucks but I will be doing my best to keep updating. Don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and KEEP READING! Love all of you!!!!!!