Chapter 7

A week later...

Daryl's POV

It had been almost a week since we lost Sophia on the highway. We searched for what seemed like hours for her, and still haven't found her.

A lot has happened in the past few days. Carl was shot out looking for Sophia with Rick and Shane but some idiot hunter, mistaking him for a doe. The hunter, named Otis, luckily was with a group of people, one of which was a doctor. He saved Carl and is letting us stay on his farm. He also helped Sarah, taking care of her burns.

She got worse for a day or too, getting a fever but she got better. This wouldn't have happened if she didn't save me. Nobody's ever done nothing like that for me before, caring about me.

I started walking from my tent, which was a little ways from where everyone had set up camp, to the house. The landowner, Hershel has been taking care of Sarah. I started up the stairs to her room, and saw the her lying on her stomach. She still hadn't woken up. I pulled a chair over and sat next to her bed. I leaned over from the chair and rested my arms on the bed. I laid my head on my hands and tilted my head so I could get a better look of her face.

"Come on, wake up." I whispered. I reached over and moved a single piece of hair that had fallen from her face. She was so beautiful, they way her hair fell over her shoulders.

I had never felt this way before about anyone. This feeling of nervousness every time I looked at her. This was a new feeling. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen.

I have slowly and inevitably fallen for her.