III. ғᴀɪʟᴇᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜʟsɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠 𝑎𝑠𝑖𝑡 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑝𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒

❝︎𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑑
𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠 𝑎𝑠
𝑖𝑡 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ
𝑝𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝐽.𝐻. 𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑑
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Gasping awake, Madeline opened her eyes and realized her realistic nightmare wasn't real. Well, it wasn't a nightmare. It was the recollection of her mother and the raven-haired vampire, who she was determined to slaughter.

Each time she had these dreams, she felt like a defenseless kid again. She abhorred that feeling. Wanting to take her mind off the memory, she strolled to her father's room, finding him typing on his computer and occasionally taking some time to admire the framed photo of his deceased wife.

"Another nightmare?" Alaric asked, hearing her faint footsteps nearing.

"Nope, I just decided to try to become a morning person like you." Madeline improvised.

"We will get him, Madeline," Alaric assured, knowing his daughter was lying. "We both know you aren't a morning person."

"Well, it's not my fault I don't enjoy waking up at like 4 in the morning." she retorted, hugging herself to accumulate some warmth.

"It's actually 6:47 am." Alaric corrected, holding his morning coffee.

"My point still stands." Madeline shrugged.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

Alaric had gotten his hands on the Gilbert journal while Caroline was hanging out with Madeline. Since the first day Madeline arrived, Caroline made it her personal mission to become her best friend. Of course, she had Bonnie and Elena, but she always felt left out. On the other hand, Madeline made her feel included and made her smile when things weren't going well with Matt. Aiming to get Madeline out of her little bubble, she introduced her to Elena and Bonnie.

"It's super nice to meet you. Caroline has been dying to introduce you." Bonnie greeted with a smile, clutching onto her books to ensure they wouldn't fall out of her hands.

"I can tell we will be great friends." Elena grinned.

"That's what I have been saying." Caroline giggled.

"Here," Elena said, handing Madeline a bracelet that contained vervain. "I know we just met, but I gave everyone else one, and I think it will be cute if we each have one, especially since you are going to be hanging out with us now." Elena was not close to the teenage girl yet, but she believed the more people with vervain, the better. Little did she know, Madeline could perfectly defend herself and already acquired a vervain necklace.