XXXII. ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ʜɪsᴛᴏʀʏ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠

❝𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡
𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒
𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠.❞︎

─︎ 𝑓. 𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑡𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑡𝑧𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙𝑑
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

sestra = sister (inform me if I am wrong)

Staying up all night didn't help her eye bags diminish, but it certainly was worth it. Accidentally, the Salvatore fell asleep, his arms now dangled around the hunter protectively as a blanket covered them. Noticing the situation she was in, her breathing quickened, and she unexpectedly became attentive to her every move.

Being in the vampire's arms felt normal, and it lent her comfort that was challenging to find. As much as she wanted to peel herself out of his embrace, she decided it was alright to appreciate it just this once.

Unfortunately, the doorbell rang, waking up the vampire abruptly. Pretending she was asleep, the girl kept her eyes shut, hating the feeling of Stefan shifting away. Acknowledging how he was cuddling her, he gently withdrew his arms and quietly stood, cherishing how harmonious she looked. Going to open the door for her so she could rest, the vampire traipsed sleepily.

"Good morning! I was wondering if Madeline lived here?" a boy said once Stefan opened the entrance.

"Uh, yeah, she is just sleeping," Stefan said, his guard up. "Who are you?"

The stranger responded with a sanguine smile. "I'm her twin brother, Pietro."

Brother?

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

"I have a twin brother? And you and mom never told me?" Madeline said. The Saltzmans were deliberating the matter while Pietro and Stefan stared at each other, waiting for the other to comment first. Feeling slightly out of place, they eavesdropped on what was occurring while standing in the kitchen, almost as if they had their personal drama show.

Alaric sighed. "Your mother told me he had passed away when you were a baby. She wanted to tell you herself, and you were already overwhelmed with everything happening with her." He hoped he would never be the one to deliver the news, but not everyone got what they preferred.

"You kept this from me my entire life?" Madeline added, chest tightening.

Alaric said, "I was trying to save you from pain. You were young when you lost your mother. Telling you about a brother you could've met would've made it worse."

"You could've told me recently since Mom isn't dead." Madeline retorted, angered.

"Didn't see that coming," Pietro whispered, eyebrows rising upwards in bewilderment. "What are you to my sister? A boyfriend?"