VIII. ғɪғᴛʜ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴏʀ sᴛᴇғᴀɴᴏ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑖𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑓𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓

𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑖𝑠
𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑓𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓.❞︎

─︎ 𝑒𝑚𝑚𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑒 ♡︎
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

It is safe to say that Madeline wasn't precisely doing well after learning her adoptive mother was a vampire and made everyone think she was deceased. At this point, her loathing for Damon weakened slightly. He hadn't killed Isobel, but he had been a prime reason as to why she was able to choose vampirism over her own family. Nevertheless, Damon also murdered her father brutally, dispensing them with another reason not to trust him. Caroline didn't exactly know what was going on, but she could practically sense how frustrated her best friend was after a long night with her father.

"So Mrs. Donovan still acts like she has a stick up her ass?" Madeline questioned as they ate snacks together at the front of the school. Harmoniously, they settled on a table that granted them the perfect view of Matt and the other boys playing basketball, which Caroline adored.

Caroline shushed her. "You can't say that! She's Matt's mother." The blonde girl's attempts to remain compassionate around her boyfriend's mom made her become on edge, essentially constructing a ticking time bomb waiting to detonate if the mother said another impudent word about her.

"You don't have to defend her. We both know she acts like a bitch." Madeline shrugged as Caroline stole her Oreos. "Hey!"

"Not sorry." Caroline joked before returning to their significant conversation. "She also thinks Matt and Elena will get together again. It's seriously bothering me. I know Matt doesn't like jealous people, but lately, I have caught him staring at Elena and Stefan way more than usual."

"Maybe he is into Stefan." Madeline joked, wriggling her brows teasingly. "Poor, poor Stefano. He will be missed."

"Ew!" Caroline giggled as she scrunched her nose at the outrageous thought. "That would never happen."

"I sincerely hope not. If that ever happens, I will take a bath with a plugged-in toaster." Madeline muttered, scoring another giggle from the blonde girl.

"Since we are talking about boys, we need to get you a boyfriend," Caroline said, hurriedly clapping her hands with enthusiasm. "Who has caught your attention? I'm sure you can get any boy here, Madeline."

"I wish. A lot of the boys are taken, and my life is too chaotic for a relationship. Plus, most boys are idiots." Madeline clarified, swiping back her Oreos in the process.