LV. ʜɪs ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʀᴜɴᴡᴀʏ sʜᴏᴡ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐.𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑒

❝︎𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑑
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐.
𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑘𝑜𝑤𝑠𝑘𝑖
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Madeline snagged the required pans to make breakfast as serenely as possible, her head swirling with conceptions and uncertainties. The night before had taken a toll on her ability to sleep, not that her sleep schedule was that great in the first place.

She remembered Stefan's cruel demeanor and her hopeless undertakings to bring him back. When he told her to leave, she could barely fake a smile, scraping up all her leftover assurance. For a split moment, she guessed her words were working and flipped his switch.

She was undoubtedly wrong.

The way Stefan said that she loved her so effortlessly made her want to believe him. She knew better, though, thanks to Lexi. Without her, Madeline probably would've given in to Stefan's act. Needing to feel safe, she slept (barely) at Elena's house with her father and brother sleeping on the couch. Well, Pietro somehow always ended up on the floor no matter how many times Madeline tried to stop him.

In less than an hour, the kitchen cruised a delicious scent that transited through the corridors and into the Gilberts' bedrooms. Within seconds, everyone was awake, eager to see what Madeline had whipped up today.

"God, I forgot how much I missed this," Pietro said, ruffling her hair as Madeline flipped the final pancake. Startled, the hunter accidentally messed up the flip, prompting the pancake to soar into the air.

"Jesus, Pietro," Madeline exclaimed, stopping the pancake from hitting the ground with her abilities. Shortly, it was hovered over a dish and protected from Pietro's shenanigans. "You can't do that!"

"What?" he teased, prepared to grab the plate. "It's not my fault your flipping abilities are rusty."

Levitating the plate to her hand, Madeline smiled. "Fine, if you think cooking is so easy, you do it. Then you'll have something to eat."

"But ─︎," Pietro complained, the food's aroma reinforcing his appetite.

"─︎ Nope." she replied, concealing a smirk.

"Please?" he said.

"Nope." Madeline shook her head, a smile twitching on her lips.

"You know my super-speed makes my body need your food more than anyone." Pietro begged, trying to grab a plate that was floating in the air. "Do you want me to pass out from hunger?"