LIV. ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇxɪ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴅᴜᴏ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝑃𝑒𝑟ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑓,𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑙, 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑒

𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑙,
𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠
𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑟,
𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑠 ♡︎♡︎♡︎
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Helping in the festivities like they always did, Bonnie, Caroline, and Madeline spent their time gossiping about how Jeremy was still seeing Anna.

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?" Caroline asked as Bonnie was up on the ladder, hanging lanterns up in the trees. Madeline would've used her powers if it weren't for the public setting.

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here." Bonnie explained, climbing down. "Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here."

"Okay, wow," Madeline said, taking in the information as she tried to bite back some comments.

"I don't think we can resist commenting on that," Caroline said, practically reading her friend's mind.

"There. You commented." Bonnie said as Madeline handed her another lantern. "I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences. What do you want me to say?"

"I want you to say you're not okay with it," Caroline said.

"I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it." Bonnie said as a vehicle approached. Damon stepped on the brakes, getting their attention.

"Greetings, Blondie, Witchy, and Ginny. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan." Damon said. Confused, Bonnie furrowed her brows.

"You can't just say that and not immediately explain," Madeline said, urging an answer out of the vampire.

"I'm pretty sure I just got spit roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost," Damon explained.

"Why would you think that?" Caroline asked.

"Because he chained me to a chair and stuck a hot poker in my chest," Damon said.

Madeline smiled at the thought. "Ah, that little traitor. Déjà vu?"

"Just a little bit," Damon said sarcastically.

"I thought ghosts couldn't interact with people," Madeline said to Bonnie, wondering if her previous speculation was wrong.

"Either way, I don't have time for a vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead." Damon said bitterly.