XXX. ɪɴᴅɪᴀɴᴀ ᴊᴏɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ sɴᴀᴋᴇs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑛 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑦

❝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑛 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑦.
𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒,
𝑏𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡
𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑚𝑦 𝑝𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑠.❞︎

─︎ 𝑝𝑎𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑎
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

The masquerade ball was approaching, and Madeline couldn't disdain it enough. Each time an event occurred, something went wrong. Always. People bunched up together in one place seemed to never be a reasonable idea, especially with a particular psychopathic vampire galloping around freely.

Mason hauled bottles of beverages, the sound of glass clinking together displeasing people around him. To stay alive, he always tried to deduce the unexpected. Although this was the only time he was wonderfully astonished.

"Hello, Mason." Madeline greeted as he came into view, the sun being obstructed by a tent above her and Stefan.

"Hey, Stefan, Madeline." he greeted as if nothing was wrong, setting down the box with his back turned. Hidden away from their sights, an expression of pure disbelief painted his face. Confronting them, his anxiety heightened. "Wasn't expecting to see you two here. Or anywhere."

"Yeah, we had this little accident. But we are fine now." Stefan said.

"Thanks for your concern." Madeline taunted, her smirk fading. Hatred collecting, her hands twitched for vindication, to wield a weapon and use it to inflict as much suffering as possible. "Such a good friend you are."

"What did you do to Sheriff Forbes?" Mason inquired, striding forward and positioning his hands on the table that separated them, his posture tense.

"Oh, she's fine too," Stefan replied, taking satisfaction in the surprise he conducted. "But from now on, you'll have to do your own dirty work."

"Not a problem." the werewolf declared, his worry primarily on Maddie. Despite the little time he had been friends with her, he knew how much she enjoyed getting back at the people who were eager to betray her and her companions.

"Poor Mason. Unable to kill a human and a few vampires when you aren't in transition." Madeline retorted, an artificial expression of empathy ingrained in her features. "How tragic."

Refusing to listen to her continuous backhanded indignities, the man left, accidentally bumping into Bonnie on the way. Face deforming with bewilderment, the vision she had when she touched the Lockwood brought her mentality turmoil.

"What's wrong?" Maddie asked as the two approached the witch, eyes blended with curiosity. "Are you ok?"

"When I touched him, I saw something," Bonnie said, brows furrowing as she tried to make sense of it all.