LX. ᴄᴀʀᴏʟɪɴᴇ's ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇs

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝︎𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒈𝒐 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏

𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏.❞︎

─︎ 𝒋𝒐𝒉𝒏 𝒈𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Madeline awoke in her bed, her head pounding. Remembering what the herb had done to her powers, Madeline attempted to use them. She smiled widely when she opened her door with her telekinesis. As much as she hated to admit it, her powers made her feel safe. Without them, she felt vulnerable to a blitz attack. She couldn't count the number of times her powers had saved her and her loved ones. Either way, she was grateful.

Looking around, she wondered how she got into the bed in the first place. On her dresser, there was a note perfectly folded with her name on it. Curious, she opened it, recognizing the Salvatore's handwriting.

𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏, 𝑳𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒆. 𝑰 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆.

                                            - 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒇𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆

𝒑.𝒔. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈.

Madeline smiled, enjoying the moments of peace they had yesterday. It was like old times. They didn't need to worry about much, allowing themselves to chisel the memories into their minds. More than anything, she was grateful that the Salvatore was showing improvement, despite the fact he was keeping it a secret from others. She knew it would take him time to rebuild his other friendships. Placing the note on her side table, she made a mental note to arrange it somewhere safer later.

However, her vivacious attitude was erased when she heard her phone's unsettling buzzing from the living room. Needing to fully wake up, she stood and located the device in between the cushions. She answered the call without checking who it was. "This better be good," Madeline said, wishing her head would pound less. "If I have to clean up another one of your messes, Damon, or whoever the fuck you are, I will snap!"

"Sounds like you just did," Pietro said, jokingly appalled by her sudden aggravated behavior. "Who fucking pissed in your cereal?"

"Shut up. I just have a massive headache and the phone is driving me nuts." Madeline said. She was about to explain the new herb, but she felt bad for interrupting Pietro before giving him a chance to explain himself. Letting out a breath to calm down, Madeline paused. "I'm sorry for interrupting. What happened, Pietro?"