XV. ᴍɪss ᴍʏsᴛɪᴄ ғᴀʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴍʙᴇʀ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑖'𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑝 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑐𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒

❝𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛
𝑖'𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟
𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑝 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔
𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑐𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝑤𝑡𝑚
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

After the little Founder's day catastrophe, Madeline expected Stefan to knock on her window and explain things in more detail, but he never did. She wanted to help him, even if it meant dealing with the other side of him. Alaric had warned Madeline about John Gilbert and had another training session with her, hoping her combat skills would protect his daughter if he weren't there for her.

"Bonnie!" the Saltzman exclaimed as she embraced the girl in a strangling hug, which she reciprocated. "I've missed you so much."

"We talked every day." Bonnie retorted, feeling guarded in her friend's arms.

"It's not the same," Madeline affirmed as they separated from the loving welcome. "Come on, I am already late because I was waiting for you." Once the girls entered the classroom, all eyes whirled to examine them. Alaric briefly welcomed Bonnie and chastised his daughter for being tardy before proceeding with his exhausting lesson. Honestly, even the history teacher found today's history topic lame.

Uncertain whether Stefan was still irked at her or not, she maintained her focus on the chalkboard, pretending to be engrossed in whatever her father was enlightening. As she tried to ignore his existence, she felt his eyes on her, gawking.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

"Bonnie." Elena greeted as Madeline and Bonnie ambled past her. Knowing how Bonnie felt about the whole situation with the tomb, Madeline didn't know what to do. Elena was the witch's best friend, but lately, Bonnie didn't want to be around the doppelganger. The presence of her grandmother's death was still stronger than ever. "Hey, I, um, I tried to grab you after class, but you'd already taken off. How are you? How's your family?"

Finally, halting to glance at the doppelganger, Bonnie forced herself to respond stiffly. "We're dealing. It's been hard."

"Everyone here missed you, especially Madeline," Elena remarked, discerning how limited the witch's responses were. "Are you sure you'll be ok?"

"Yeah, it's just my grandmother's death, and honestly, after you told me that the tomb's spell failed, I just didn't want to come back," Bonnie admitted as Madeline listened to their conversation awkwardly, feeling as if she was interrupting something.

"I hope you understand why I called," Elena explained, guilt enveloping her previous decisions as she placed her hands in her back pockets. "I wanted you to know before you came home."