X. ᴍɪssᴇᴅ ᴄᴀʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 ─︎𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑙,𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑛𝑜 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑠,𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚

𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 ─︎
𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑙,
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑛𝑜 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑠,
𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚.❞︎

─︎ 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑢𝑠
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Once the humans departed the Salvatores' residence, vampires had ambushed the brothers, resulting in one dead vampire and another on the run. The next day, Stefan had informed Madeline about it to see if she could help, considering she was a vampire hunter and all. Elena decided to tag along, annoyed that Damon would even make a deal with Ms. Pearl, a powerful vampire that was looking into some of the town's property. According to Ms. Pearl, she knew Katherine well enough to find her for Damon. It was apparent that he wasn't over the brunette vampire.

"Stop being so snarky," Damon said as he sat on his couch, bored of hammering wood to block the rain from getting inside his home. The vampires conveniently broke a window during the attack, which only fueled his resentment towards them.

"I woke up to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb." Elena scoffed. "I think I have earned snarky."

"When are you going to stop blaming me for turning Isobel into a vampire and killing Mr. Saltzman?" Damon said, unaware the historian still had a heartbeat.

"If your brother does not stop, I am not helping," Madeline uttered to Stefan, not revealing to the blue-eyed vampire that her father was still alive. In order to protect her father, she made sure that she appeared like she was still mourning his death.

"Please, we don't need you." Damon scoffed.

"I saved Elena from a vampire and killed Logan Fell. I'll admit, I might not be as strong or fast as you two, but I have the weapons for this kind of situation." Madeline said harshly. "Sorry that you're too much of a psychopath with no redeeming qualities to see reality." Damon zipped towards her only to end up with a stake in his stomach, grunting.

"Ouch. You have fire in you." Damon remarked, shutting his eyes in pain as he pulled out the stake and dropped it.

"Not bad," Elena said to Madeline, tilting her head as Damon rolled his eyes. Stepping in front of his brother, he eased Damon away from his friend, trying to keep the enemies focused on their primary objective.

"This isn't very productive. We are going to figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires, alright? For now, let's not kill each other." Stefan said.

"I make no promises." Damon and Madeline muttered at the same time, moving into different areas of the house to stop themselves from annihilating each other.

"I say that went well," Stefan whispered to himself before speaking to his girlfriend. "Me, Damon, and Leine will handle everything." After convincing his girlfriend to remain safe at her home, he informed her he would take Madeline to cool down, which she reluctantly approved.

"What do you want, Mr. Salvatore?" Madeline questioned as she roamed around the estate alone, sharpening her stake.

"Well, I know you don't really like Damon, so I was wondering if you would like to go hunting with me?" Stefan requested, hoping she would say yes.

"Oh, the poor squirrels, Stefano," Madeline said, faking sadness in her tone. "One day, they are going to band together and take you down."

"Is that a yes?" Stefan chuckled, hearing Elena's car drive away.

"Yes. I suppose I will go." Madeline nodded. "I like the thunder anyway, and I can not miss an opportunity to see you possibly get ganged up on by the forest critters."

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

Rain splattered onto the ground roughly as Stefan and Madeline strolled through the forest surrounding the estate. Both of them relished the feeling of rain on their skin, and they kept their eyes open for a squirrel or two.

Occasionally, Stefan would glance at the female as she talked, admiring how her reddish-auburn hair looked in the rain and how her green eyes seemed to sparkle in excitement each time she hopped in a puddle. Instead of finding a forest varmint, they encountered some creatures a little more destructive and malicious. Three vampires in raincoats instantly made them more vigilant and understand the ominous circumstance they were in.

Driven by the intent to harm Stefan, a stake was propelled through the Salvatore's stomach as the two vampires attempted to attack Madeline. Unsure whether or not she could take on two vampires at once, she drew her stake and swerved away from their endeavors to plunge their teeth into her neck. As the vampire bumped into each other while trying to snatch her, she seized the advantage and drove her pointed weapon through one of the vampire's hearts, generating the dead body to plummet to the ground. Outraged, the other vampire sped towards her while she was pulling out the stake from the corpse, sinking his teeth into her neck.

An anguished scream slipped out of her mouth as Stefan called out for her, irritated that he couldn't help her as the other vampire swiveled the wooden stake in his abdomen. Despite how hard she fought against the vampire's grip, all the surrounding noises dulled as her world darkened, and her body drooped into a realm of unconsciousness.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

Damon's brows furrowed as his brother didn't answer his call for the tenth time. He knew Stefan thought he was intolerable at times, but this seemed absurd. Now, he stood in front of Elena's home, calling the doppelganger for the sixth time. When he heard her decline the call, he knocked on the door in annoyance, making sure the thumps came out extra urgent.

"You're ignoring me," Damon stated, entering the home as Elena unlocked the door.

"The six missed calls? Oh, sorry! My phone is dead." Elena said bitterly as she crossed her arms.

"Is Stefan and Madeline here?" Damon questioned, scouring the house for his brother and his new human enemy.

"No. Why? Is something wrong?" Elena questioned, creasing her brows in uncertainty.

"They haven't come back from the forest, and I can't get him on his phone. I thought they were being stubborn and ignoring me along with you." Damon remarked as Elena tried to call both of the missing individuals.

"They both go to voicemail," Elena added as she turned off her phone. "Where could they be?" Damon's features shifted in realization as he pondered how to tell Elena they most likely got kidnapped by Pearl's little minions.

Damon sighed, "You're not going to like what I am thinking."

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎
𝑖 𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑧𝑒
𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑠
𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡
𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒!
𝑙𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑠
𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑑 "𝑙𝑖𝑛''
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎