XIV. ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴɢ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠.
𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔
𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑
𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠.❞︎

─︎ 𝑗. 𝑑𝑖𝑧𝑜𝑛
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Thanks to a long phone call with Caroline and Bonnie, Madeline had gotten her outfit and hairstyle prepared, which made her quite fashionably late. Stepping into the Founder's Party event with her heels clicking onto the ground, she bewitched some of the males and females moseying around.

Swiftly, the surrounding music altered into something more buoyant, causing people to applaud and head to the dance floor. Stefan glanced over in her direction, a drunk smile surfacing on his face as he noticed her smiling at him. Unfortunately for the vampire, Matt had asked Elena to dance before Stefan could get the chance to.

"Hello, Madeline," he declared, abruptly hugging the vampire hunter. The distinguished fragrance of liquor drifted off him, overpowering the girl's sense of smell as he admired her choice of attire.

"Is the Stefan Salvatore drunk?" she asked with a skeptical smile as they untangled from the embrace.

"Shush. Don't tell anyone." Stefan whispered as if the entire room would eavesdrop on them, snatching another powerful beverage.

"Are you sure you're doing okay?" Madeline questioned, troubled. "Stefan, it's okay if you can't be here right now. It will take some time to go back to what you're used to."

"The drinks are helping. Don't worry." Stefan assured as there was another song change in the background. Granting her no time to react, he put his drink down and latched onto her hand, beginning to trudge Madeline to the dance floor.

"Stefan, what are you doing?" Madeline asked, stopping the vampire from going any further. "You and me hate dancing. Elena tells me she has to force you."

"You're right. I don't like dancing." Stefan sighed. "Maybe I'll change my mind if you ask me."

"Pardon me?" Madeline chuckled nervously, dimples settling on her face.

"Ask me to dance with you," Stefan explained with a smirk.

Gaining back her composure, she reluctantly fulfilled his request. "Would you, Stefan Salvatore, like to dance with me?"

"Of course, Leine," Stefan declared, jostling them to the dance floor. Everything around them had no value to them as Stefan took the lead, twirling the girl around.