XLIV. ᴛᴇʟᴇᴛᴜʙʙɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴇʟᴍᴏ

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

❝𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦,𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒

𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑒.❞︎

─︎ 𝑎𝑛𝑢𝑗 𝑘 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑚𝑎

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Stefan had accidentally spent the night over at Madeline's house when he dozed off listening to her conversation with the witch. In that short time, Elena had snuck to where Elijah was being held and undaggered him. To say most of her friend group were annoyed was an understatement. They went through all the trouble to kill him, and now he was gone.

"She let him go." Madeline said after the phone call with Elena. "And then decided to not take back up with her? I did not kill him just for him to end up alive and walking around."

"She's lost it," Damon said, summing up what everyone was thinking. Things were inevitably complicating.

°︎•︎∙︎☽∙︎•︎°︎

Alaric, otherwise known as Klaus, called Jenna to meet up at the Grill, so it seemed like it was time to bring her into the light. Considering Elena was handling the situation with Elijah without permission, Madeline and Stefan sprinted over to the Gilbert home, hoping to get there before Jenna changed her mind. Pietro went rogue with Andie and Damon. Thanks to the maps filled with investigative work Madeline made at a time of distress, they had places to search.

"Jenna, thank god." Madeline exhaled as she entered the home and saw her father's ex-girlfriend.

"Thank you for not going to meet up with Alaric. I'll explain everything." Stefan said, standing next to the telekinetic. Shutting the door, Jenna apologized and peered behind the duo.

"Hi, Stefan, Madeline." Alaric greeted, prompting them to turn around and meet his stare. "How's it going?"

"Well, isn't this a shitty situation?" Madeline mumbled, eyes scanning the room for any tricks as she backed up to protect Jenna, just in case. Feeling satisfied with his entrance, he sauntered into the kitchen, cutting vegetables with knives a bit too harshly as if to tell them they weren't safe. To figure out what he wanted, they followed.

"You know, I find chopping... calming. The feel of the blade in the hand, maybe." Alaric/Klaus said, making Jenna anxiously glimpse at the weapon.

"I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the hell's going on," Jenna added, looking at Maddie for an explanation. "Why are you avoiding your dad?"

"Well, do you wanna tell her, or should I?" Alaric said, eyeing the vampire with a glint of mischief in his eyes before gazing at the aunt. "Do you believe in vampires, Jenna? What about Guardians? They apparently are individuals that balance the supernatural and the human world."